Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    I find myself looking on to find nothing. I check precentral.net and watch for new news and honestly there's nothing or nothing of great interest to me. I just want to know am I really being impatient or are there others like me wondering where are all these apps that were suppose to drop outta the cloud.

Don't get me wrong, I love my pre. I was in my local Sprint store and found myself in front of the HERO to see what all the hub-bub was about and honestly nothing about the phone really struck me enough to care. As a matter a fact other than the app store the phone was just down right not for me... After using the Pre with the gesture area there's no going back... The HERO just had way to many buttons and there all over each other.

I can understand Palm is working at it, but I'm getting impatient. Not saying I'm going any where just impatience. I want to login to precentral tomorrow and BOOOOOM 500+ apps WOW now thats news... No offense to precental I'm not taking any dig's against precental, you report what there is to report.

Com'mon Palm.... Bring on the Apps!!!! Bring on Video!!!
    apps take time to make. writing new code to implement video recording for a brand new os takes time. why don't you help them and yourself out and write a couple hundred new apps? I'll look for them on the front page!
    This signature for rent
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    It's been said time and time again but you have to be paitent, it's possible this is not the platform for you until it matures more. The SDK is very limited at this point, it's going to take time. You're never going to see an update of 500 new apps, they will trickle in slowly and moreso after each webOS SDK update when more can be done.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    I didn't ask for a lecture, simply was hoping more apps would start to come in than what we've seen so far. Some that would actually be helpful and not simply just a waste of time. If I could develop apps I would, but alas I can't. Don't come in here with that kind of attitude. Just thrown it out there.
    well don't expect 500 apps to magically appear all of a sudden
    This signature for rent
    Quote Originally Posted by SHO_ONE View Post
    I find myself looking on to find nothing. I check precentral.net and watch for new news and honestly there's nothing or nothing of great interest to me. I just want to know am I really being impatient or are there others like me wondering where are all these apps that were suppose to drop outta the cloud.

Don't get me wrong, I love my pre. I was in my local Sprint store and found myself in front of the HERO to see what all the hub-bub was about and honestly nothing about the phone really struck me enough to care. As a matter a fact other than the app store the phone was just down right not for me... After using the Pre with the gesture area there's no going back... The HERO just had way to many buttons and there all over each other.

I can understand Palm is working at it, but I'm getting impatient. Not saying I'm going any where just impatience. I want to login to precentral tomorrow and BOOOOOM 500+ apps WOW now thats news... No offense to precental I'm not taking any dig's against precental, you report what there is to report.

Com'mon Palm.... Bring on the Apps!!!! Bring on Video!!!
    The same way you can't appreciate the Pre demoing it for a few minutes in store, is the same way you can't appreciate the Hero demoing it for a few minutes in store.

FYI, Android 1.6 gave gesture support. Wonder what will come of that...
    I think there are a set of potential apps that are on hold because they're waiting for Palm to upgrade APIs in various categories (NaN Player is a good example). There are probably also some apps that are on hold because Palm hasn't opened up access to various information through official channels (Agenda is a good example--great app, but you won't see it in the app catalog until Palm makes calendar information readable from other applications). Then there are the apps that need some level of hardware access (either compiled code or graphics access) to run properly (or to protect their algorithm). A number of developers were also waiting until they could sell an app--obviously this has been removed, but only just.

That's not to say there can't be useful apps with what we've got, but a lot of the space of what's possible or what has been done before is limited because of the above "issues." And there's also the matter of momentum. Right now there may be only a small number of developers seriously working on the Pre. As soon as you get a developer saying he made $100k in a couple of months on a Pre app, you'll magically start to get more interest. In the mean time, it's just going to continue to build slowly, but certainly.

It's also not a bad idea to discuss specifically what you would like to see in an app--sometimes you find out that such a thing is already in development (this just happened to me a few days ago).
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    your best bet for getting apps you want would be to discuss specific app ideas on forums (like these). that way people that are developing know what other users want...
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    not to say I don't want apps, but if I had to chose I want a frigging fast OS first and foremost.

the latest update was great speedwise, and put those animations that came in 1.1 to some actual use, but the lag between moving through screens and messaging is very annoying
    aren't most of the apps we have homebrew graduates? Anyone have any numbers on that?
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Guys / Gals..... I love this phone. I've done nothing but advocate this phone where ever I go. I'm as loyal to it as most, if not all of you. However I gotta say the lack of communication between Palm and us is getting frustrating.

Precentral only proved my point yesterday by saying "lets take a break from all things pre" and started talking about the storm 2 and the MOTO Cliq... this tells me that if I'm a loyal Palm Pre owner, so much so that I bought stock in them in addition to buy the phone mainly to support them and I can't stand that there is no video, visual voice mail or all that great of a selection of apps then how would the masses that don't know what they want yet feel.

I don't want to hear from those of you with your head in the sand, don't tell me this isn't the phone for me and so on.... We all knew we bought a phone without these features with hopes of these features to come. I love my Pre and I don't get rid of it because it's a great device and I for one will stick it through to show my support. I would just like to hear from these guys a little more. What's up, what are you planning / working on? Do you plan of enabling the video or not? Do we get visual voice mail or are we done here