Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I have also been noticing a loss of battery greatly throughout the day. After a day of trying to figure out I noticed the battery percent change (as a decrease) as I checked the palm battery percentage popup from touching the left top corner. I realized maybe it is the patch causing it to drop battery without use; when I did remove the patch battery consumption became as should be when updated to 1.2.1.

So I hope this helps others dealing with unusual battery consumption when they have the icon and percentage patch installed.
    I thought it was just me, but I had the same issue. There is no doubt some sort of leak there.
    Hmmm... I also noticed a significant battery loss, but I couldn't point my finger at what it was, since I applied the battery % patch the same date the 1.2.1 update came out.

I'll remove it and will check it out if it makes any difference -thanks for the heads up!
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    same with me and since i have so many tweaks etc I was trying to pinpoint it as well! your theory makes sense. i will also remove and repost results. THANK YOU
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    I posted this in another thread on 10/13:

You're not alone; I had this problem. I have had a variety of patches on my phone with no major incidents, but the night after adding the battery percentage with battery icon tweak, my phone stopped charging on the Touchstone. In addition to failed Touchstone charging, I couldn't keep a network connection. The phone's constant search for the network caused an accelerated battery drain; the charge slipped to near zero while sitting on the Touchstone all night. My first thought was that my Touchstone was defective, but it's fine. I uninstalled the patch and both problems went away immediately. I find it hard to believe the patch could have caused the network connection problem, but it seems an odd coincidence. By the way, I reinstalled the battery percentage tweak this weekend and haven't had any major problems so far. Hope that helps.

UPDATE: It happened again last night, but reset worked like a charm. Actually, I reset the phone by putting it in dev mode with the intention of removing the battery percentage patch. Once the phone appeared to have recovered normal operation, I decided not to remove the patch; we'll see what happens.

Here's what happened: I've noticed a small charge leak. It wasn't obvious before because of the drain from the network connection search. I've given up on this patch for now. It was never critical anyway.
    I've got this patch on, with no issues, battery life is as good as ever.
    I have had the battery percentage patch installed for a while with no issues. However, I installed the icon patch yesterday and noticed my battery jumped from 100% to 54% in three hours. The phone was idle during this time. I am not sure if the icon patch was the culprit, but it was the only patch I installed recently. After a reset, my battery drain returned to "normal".
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    I had updated to icon v3 so i will pull that one and see how it looks overnight. thanks!
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I use the patch that shows both the icon and percentage and have never noticed a problem.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    So after removing this patch, I did not charge my phone overnight last night and as of now after normal use of using internet, playing music and texting the battery is at 44%.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Keep getting an error when i try to remove it via preware.
    Failure during "prerm" operation

Not sure what to do
    I am using just the percentage with no issues. Actually since 1.2.1 battery life is much improved. I can get through a full 12 hour day and still have 15-20% left
    Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre
    I had some leakage with the Icon as percentage patch. When from 100 to 90 percent in an hour of not doing anything.

Hopefully this will fix it.
    i have the same issue, i do a typical 9-6pm work day and my battery usually around 20% from moderate texting. I think we should made a patch to remove this patch because you can remove it via preware
    I too have noticed this problem. Installed the battery % patch Friday morning and then watched as my drained crazy fast all day long. My wife kept seeing me plug my phone in and was like "what's wrong with your phone?"

Uninstalled the patch yesterday, quick reboot and back to normal.
    Same here, had the % and battery icon patch installed, battery drained super fast. Removed patch, back to normal battery usage.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I have been having a big battery drain from very little activity (even idle) as well...but I installed a bunch of patches and was unsure which is the culprit. Going to remove the % and icon patch this evening when I get a chance, and hope that does it! Thanks!
    just did a "little test" on this issue. You find the pictures from my batterymonitor here
    pre-pre.de/akkuverlust-durch-battery-icon-as-percent
    sorry its german, but still the pictures are telling...
    As there are a couple of different patches available now to switch to a percent-view - has anybody found a patch without the battery leak-problem right now?
    Quote Originally Posted by liero View Post
    just did a "little test" on this issue. You find the pictures from my batterymonitor here
    pre-pre.de/akkuverlust-durch-battery-icon-as-percent
    sorry its german, but still the pictures are telling...
    sorry, but this "proof" is useless. he needs to check it for a longer time, at least 2 hours. the battery monitor is calculating, not measuring the drain.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast