Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by altalbert View Post
    I know, that is what I thought about the 23%. Reception is at least 3 bars at all times, and almost always EVDO. I haven't noticed any difference in actual battery drain between the stock speed and the 800 kernel, but I think I am going to start from scratch with my patches (I have about 48 installed + the kernel). I don't think I need to visit the Doctor, but I haven't ruled that out. Thanks for your help.
    Not a problem, let us know how things go, im sure the info will be helpful to alot of people here
    Quote Originally Posted by clintwinstead View Post
    I believe it to be a "optical effect" thing, for lack of a better term. You just tend to notice the battery level more often when it's a number. This was the first patch I ever installed and have always had it, with no problems whatsoever.
    The developer of this patch, Jason Robitaille, is one of, if not the best, out there and would have caught it by now, especially considering how long that patch has been around.
    Question though, what could be different between the original and the one with only white text (red for 12% and teal for charging). I like the color scheme a bit better. Im trying this for a few days without the percent and seeing how my battery fairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by altalbert View Post
    I have a bit of a different problem where when my phone gets down to around 26-29% it instantly jumps to 0% if i am listening to music or in a phone call and then shuts down after a minute longer. It is like I no longer have the last 1/4 to 1/3 of my battery, and with the amount I use it, that is a horrible thing. Sometimes I will be in class and at the beginning of a 2 hour class it will start out at 50%, I won't use it, and then when I go to leave the class it will be at 30% and I will still have the problem. Anyone have any solutions? I would love that part of my battery life back!
    i noticed this when i started using this patch -- i know that offering the solution of adding another patch might not at first blush feel right but here is what i know and what i did -- install the patch "show actual battery percent" this will show you where the battery level truly is rather then what the gui is reporting. I do not know why they are different -- you can see the difference battery monitor and what your top bar is displaying -- this patch is compatable with the battery as a percent patch. i doubt that either if these patches are causing any rapid battery drain but i have seen stranger things
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    i noticed this when i started using this patch -- i know that offering the solution of adding another patch might not at first blush feel right but here is what i know and what i did -- install the patch "show actual battery percent" this will show you where the battery level truly is rather then what the gui is reporting. I do not know why they are different -- you can see the difference battery monitor and what your top bar is displaying -- this patch is compatable with the battery as a percent patch. i doubt that either if these patches are causing any rapid battery drain but i have seen stranger things
    I will definitely look into those patches... However I have had another kind of revelation... After finding out my old centro battery will work with my pre, I have been keeping it as a backup for when I am not near a charger. However when I get home, I put my pre battery in my centro to charge it so I don't lose phone time. I have begun to think it is my battery that has a problem rather than my pre because when I put it in my centro, it also tells me it is at 0%. Now I would think that if it was my pre that was glitching it would show some sort of battery life when I put it in my centro... maybe I'm wrong? And I have not had a chance to completely drain my centro battery in my pre yet, but I know it never had a problem in my centro, so I think that is my next step in trying to figure out this mess. I have not had a chance yet to start removing my patches and check which one might be causing such a drain per hour, since this is the end of my semester and I am swamped with work. If my centro battery does the same thing when I run it down, I will post it and then try the two patches you suggested and go from there if they do not work. Thanks everyone.
    I know its been quite some time since I said I would check out what was causing my drain, but I had the unfortunate event of having to almost Doctor my phone, so I ended up making my phone stock again. I discovered my phone was not causing the drop, it was in fact the battery. I coupled this with the fact my centro battery never had the same problems when I was using it in my Pre. So i went to the Sprint store and have a new battery coming and it should remedy the problem. No questions asked either... go Sprint.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123