1.    #1  
    I'm a touring musician, and I'm in a different city every day or so. So I depend heavily on location services on the Pre to help me find out where I am, and what kind of restaurants/shopping/theaters are around me. However, the GPS on my Pre is shockingly undependable. The other day I was in Omaha, Google Maps pegged me somewhere in Kansas. Currently, I'm in San Antonio and Google has the town correct, but shows me a few miles away. Every now and then it will be dead on, and even move my position accurately as the bus is moving down the freeway. What is going on!?

I have noticed that in Location Services, if I have AutoLocate OFF, it is always wrong. But with it ON, it is sometimes right. Also, I have to turn "locate me with Google Services" OFF to get anything close to accurate, and only use GPS.

My Pre is awesome and I love it, but I NEED a working GPS or I have to ditch this phone for something more dependable.

Can anybody shed some light on this
    Recently my phone has been acting very similar to your account, mikeschmid. I live in Oklahoma City, and every once in a while says i'm in Dallas TX or Houston TX. If i leave it on for a while (30 seconds) it will then find out where i actually am. Sometimes.
    I've always had problems like this with google maps, but the Sprint Navigation app always seems to be dead on.
  4.    #4  
    That's been my experience too. Sprint Navigation gets it right. But that doesn't help me when Yelp and Flixster and all the other location apps use the same wrong location as Google Maps.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BucsnNoles View Post
    I've always had problems like this with google maps, but the Sprint Navigation app always seems to be dead on.
    +1