Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I ate my Pre, but I am still hungry!
    This post is about the Pre.
    I eat mine in bits throughout the day. I start with the keyboard letters. =]
    Follow Me On

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    best post over!
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    This post is about the Pre.
    I eat mine in bits throughout the day. I start with the keyboard letters. =]
    Since this is going to end up in the Off Topic thread anyway, your post made me laugh at a somewhat (18 months ago) recent event.

We have a Cockatoo. She's very smart, and we spent most of the first 3 years we had her trying to figure out how to keep her in the cage. We really only kinda worked at it, putting ties on the latches (which she learned to untie) and snap shackles (when she learned to unshackle), etc. It was more of a game than anything else. We'd try something new, and a week to two weeks later, we'd come home and she'd be perched on the couch laughing at us (literally, she laughs like a human).

For whatever reason, she loves to tear up certain things, for instance the cap on a plastic soda bottle (don't know whey, but she sees one, she'll immediately grab it, and pry the cap off...) One of her fun things to do when she got out was pull all of the keys off the computer keyboard (thus the inspiration for my response)...

Fortunately, the computer in the living room was a "salvage" computer that we used for quick web checks and stuff (our work computers are usually in the other room). Since that computer was seldom used, when this happened, we'd just replace the keyboard with a cheap $10 model we'd get at Dollar General.

Then one day, I goofed. As I said, my work computer (a laptop) is usually in the other room, in its docking station. One day I was waiting on my wife to get ready, and decided I'd work on stuff in the living room while I waited. She got ready, I finished what I was typing, and put the laptop on the couch...

Yep, you guessed it. My blood froze as soon as I saw her (the bird) sitting on the back of the couch. Half the keys on my laptop were gone. Unfortunately, some of them were too mangled to put back on, so I had to order a new keyboard. They don't make $10 replacement keyboards for laptops...

All three of her cage latches have padlocks on them these days. She hasn't figured out how to open them. Yet...
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    LOL@Hparson

Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    This thread doesn't make sense in Off-topic...It make mroe sense next to the thread 'I am staying'.