Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    ok, so i started out with the Pre 9-11-09. I love, LOVE, LOVE the phone. well, i LOVE WebOS, not so much the Pre hardware. In less than one month, i had to exchange my pre 3x's. at the end of the day here's what i'm left with. i still love the pre and webOS, but didn't like how easily it broke down and the fact i had to always use that slider. the pro's well outweighed the cons. BUT, that damn HERO phone ws coming out. SO............................

long story short. took my pre back b$ my 30 days was up and got the HERO! I hate, HATE, HATE the HERO. only reason i need to give is it's not WebOS. to each their own though people, just as i know i LOVE the pre, and hate HERO, there are others who are opposite as me. i'm cool with that. with that said......here i am.

now, i've decided i wanted to go back to the pre, but just realized the pixi will be out soon. as such, my questions are:

-i've heard conflicting reports on both wifi availability????
    -i've also heard conflicting reports on processor size/speed????

does anyone have any valid information regarding the "release version" of the pixi? wifi is important when it comes to poor service in an area, and battery drain from constant data usage.

the only other issue left to solve is the battery. unfortunately. both units are battery killers!

any and all comparative information/stories of pre vs. pixi are welcomed. like, has anyone used both phones? did they notice a huge difference in the screen size effecting their experience?

much appreciation.....

-jsny
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Not sure I've seen anywhere saying the Pixi had wifi.
    Not supposed to have WiFi, and the processor, if I'm not mistaken, is a 320 or so mhz processor, not very high spec'd. The Pre will overall be the better phone.
    You should post where you found it had wifi and better/same processor.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    The Pixi is to the Pre, what the Centro is for the Treo. I have a Pre and my wife will be getting a Pixi, because she doesn't need nothing that fancy. Also, a more compact phone will work better for her.
    <<edited by berd>>

i saw a video of a demonstraion of the pixi and when asked about wifi they didnt deny nor confirm it. sounded like they were possibly going to sneak it in there before release
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 10/14/2009 at 05:09 PM.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    You should post where you found it had wifi and better/same processor.
    don't remember.....it was a while back longgggg before considering the pixi. sorry dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsny View Post
    don't remember.....it was a while back longgggg before considering the pixi. sorry dude.
    i guess that was kinda my point....all the news now shows pixi is no wifi and less quality processor.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Palm Pixi Phone Features and Details | Palm USA

No WiFi...right from the horses mouth.
    <<some posts have been deleted>>

Keep it civil please.

Thanks,
    Berd
    Just call me Berd.
    Also....hope this helps calm some nerves.

http://www.precentral.net/specing-out-pixis-processor
    I am totally content with my Treo Pro.
    If I was to get an WebOS device, it would prolly be the Pixie (I'd call it the Pixer )
    I like Static Kb's.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I'd call it the Pixer
    This idea has now allowed my brain to allow myself to get one of these....thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I am totally content with my Treo Pro.
    If I was to get an WebOS device, it would prolly be the Pixie (I'd call it the Pixer )
    I like Static Kb's.
    If I were to upgrade from the Pre, I'd want it to be a Pixi Pro with either the Pre's innards, or better innards than the Pre.
  15. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Re: Pixi Stats

The phone will run a Qualcomm MSM7627 with a clock frequency of 600MHZ on the applications core, 400MHz on the Modem core, and 320 MHz DSP processor supporting Open GL 2.0.

Sans WiFi on Sprint of course (Carrier stipulation, per Palm's CEO). Perhaps a version on other carriers will see WiFi?