1.    #1  
    I don't understand here the "Equipment Repair" portion falls in with the Pre. Sprint won't cover any damage to the phone, they'll just replace it if the phone randomly malfunctions, aka "manufacturer defect." Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't said defect fall under the manufacturer's warranty? In which case, what are we actually paying for? Is it merely the ease of being able to swap a phone at a Sprint store opposed to having to ship it off to Palm?

I suppose you can say it covers past the year warranty, but at that point, most are eligible for an upgrade and will already paid into TEP the cost of most of the subsidized phones anyway.

It made more sense when the insurance and equipment repair plans were separate ($4 for insurance, $3 for service) and you could choose. Seems now they're scamming an extra $3/mo and not providing any service. I remember busting the flips (clearly my fault from dropping it on concrete or something) on phones and having them repaired for free, no questions asked. And if the phone had irreparable damage outside of water, they'd give you a refurb. Is the physical damage clause unique to the Pre, or is it all Sprint phones now?

Can anyone provide insight as to what service or repairs that Sprint will provide outside of what's covered by Palm's warranty?
    If all you want is the insurance from Asurion and not the equipment protection from Sprint you can get that for $4/month.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    cracked screen & water damage. Some even cover a lost/stolen phone. None of the above would be covered by palm.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang46L View Post
    If all you want is the insurance from Asurion and not the equipment protection from Sprint you can get that for $4/month.
    I'm just trying to figure out what the extra $3 for TEP covers outside Palm's warranty...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by MGoerke View Post
    cracked screen & water damage. Some even cover a lost/stolen phone. None of the above would be covered by palm.
    That's the insurance portion of the TEP, and it's agreed on what that covers.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMurdock View Post
    It made more sense when the insurance and equipment repair plans were separate ($4 for insurance, $3 for service)
    They are still separate.

What really sucks is that the deductible for smartphones just DOUBLED from $50 to $100. I don't mind price increases, but what's with DOUBLING it??
    TEP is offered for one reason only. It makes money for Sprint and/or the company contracted to offer the service.