Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I think the Pre is great, played with it several times in the store and just got back from playing with the Hero (it does not come close to competing with the Palm, IMO). I have a couple of questions:

1.) All my email, calendar, tasks are on Exchange 2007. If I enter a new calendar appointment on the phone will that sync with Exchange?

2.) I love all of the patches and tweaks that are available, but I do not want the device nagging me to update software numerous times after I have installed them. Is everyone that installed the patches and tweaks having that problem, or just some people?

3.) Does the web browser render pages like the iPhone (i.e. - look like the full HTML version) and as well as the iPhone?

4.) Right now I have a Q9c, and on the front screen it lets me know if I have an upcoming appointment tomorrow, or later in the day etc. I understand from reading this forum that the Pre does not have similar functionality, so I was just wondering what some of you have done to overcome that (if anything)?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
    1) Yes.

2) Only some people.

3) Yes.

4) Correct. http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...-progress.html

Quote Originally Posted by ev01 View Post
    I think the Pre is great, played with it several times in the store and just got back from playing with the Hero (it does not come close to competing with the Palm, IMO). I have a couple of questions:

1.) All my email, calendar, tasks are on Exchange 2007. If I enter a new calendar appointment on the phone will that sync with Exchange?

2.) I love all of the patches and tweaks that are available, but I do not want the device nagging me to update software numerous times after I have installed them. Is everyone that installed the patches and tweaks having that problem, or just some people?

3.) Does the web browser render pages like the iPhone (i.e. - look like the full HTML version) and as well as the iPhone?

4.) Right now I have a Q9c, and on the front screen it lets me know if I have an upcoming appointment tomorrow, or later in the day etc. I understand from reading this forum that the Pre does not have similar functionality, so I was just wondering what some of you have done to overcome that (if anything)?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Thank you
    You are most welcome. That why we are here.
    In answer to 1, there are two ways to do that. One is to download the paid apps (Chapura makes some), or to use the free method of connecting your Outlook with GoogleCalendar, and letting GoogleCalendar do it free.

2 - Not everyone has problems - I haven't had as many as others claim.

3 - Yes. (We're looking forward to having Flash!)

4 - It is possible to set up notifications for one hour, two hours, one day, etc.

Hope this helps you out - my biggest complaints right now are lack of Voice Dial and Universal Search not including the calendar. Other than that, I am very pleased with my Pre. (I had a Centro before this).
    Quote Originally Posted by ev01 View Post
    The Pre Calendar does do reminders which show up on the bottom notification bar at the time you set (max of 1 day in the app, although Google calendar will let you set it further ahead and maybe Exchange can too). So that would seem to be "similar" at least.

There's also the Agenda app in homebrew which can show you a very nice list of all upcoming appointments. You can start that and just leave it running to peek at your appointments. Pre doesn't really have a "home" screen like WM or Android (although some people are hacking at that). But because of the multi-tasking-card-UI you can just leave an app (or a few) running and voila! ... instant "home" screen.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    ev01...i too went from the moto q9c to the pre. i also recently went to the HERO, but am QUICKLY going back to the pre at which time i'll wait in anticipation for the pixi and compare the two. however, to touch base on your concerns:

i don't know anything about ms exchange, sorry there.

as for the web browser, it's totally awesome and from what i understand, it was developed by a team who previously worked at apple on the iphone.

there are always going to be minor differences that aren't deal breakers. the pre has so much more to offer than the windows mobile platform. one of the few things i miss from my old phone would be the option to snooze the alarm as well as calendar items for a various amount of time, from 5, 15, 30, min to a day. liked those features.

-jsny
    your questions have already been answered, but I love my Pre! And I've converted several friends with iPhones (they're switching when their contracts run out...