1.    #1  
    Hey everyone:

I have a question. I know nothing about app development. Do you think that Palm or a developer will be able to create some sort of social network integration on the Pre like HTC Sense is on the Hero? I really like synergy, but do you forsee it being enhanced like Sense and the way it links your contacts FB status and other things?
    Last edited by mtbrown1275; 10/14/2009 at 09:25 AM.
    I would like to see this as well but I think that's way off into the future. I do like the widgets concept on Android (you don't need "Sense" for this).

BTW - you're probably gonna get a few losers respond to this and flame you. Ignore them. They are bitter Palm Pre users.
    It may happen way down the road, but Palm seems to be a uni-tasking company right now (oh, the irony) given their limited resources. They've gotta get video recording, remove the app limit, and finish WebOS in about 100 different ways before something like this can happen.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by chiliu78 View Post
    I would like to see this as well but I think that's way off into the future. I do like the widgets concept on Android (you don't need "Sense" for this).

BTW - you're probably gonna get a few losers respond to this and flame you. Ignore them. They are bitter Palm Pre users.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    It may happen way down the road, but Palm seems to be a uni-tasking company right now (oh, the irony) given their limited resources. They've gotta get video recording, remove the app limit, and finish WebOS in about 100 different ways before something like this can happen.
    Thanks for the response and the heads up!
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbrown1275 View Post
    I really like synergy, but do you forsee it being enhanced like Sense and the way it links your contacts FB status and other things?
    I'm not a huge "social networking" guy 8^), so maybe I don't understand all the implications of this. But it seems to me that WebOS and Synergy are actually pretty close to having what the Sense UI has. They do have a lot of the underlying integration and the linking of multiple accounts (Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, Photobucket). It's mostly just visual part of the actual Contacts app that's not as clever as what the HTC app does (displaying status, avatar, whatever from the different accounts). That part is relatively easy ... but the "when" is anyone's guess.