Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So, I took my pre off the touchstone this morning, hit screen lock and as I was slipping it into my pocket I noticed the screen didn't turn off completely. I checked and sure enough it was displaying the touchstone charging screen. I figured it was a glitch but 4 hours later I noticed that my battery is still at 100%!!!.

Although I can't be sure for another day or so, I think my Pre has learned how to charge itself wirelessly everywhere. I knew this day would come.

Anyone else lucky enough to get this feature?
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Hmmmm, that would indeed be kewl!
    thats nothing new since the 1.3 update my phone never dies
    Ah, so your friends have a new saying, "is that a fully charged Pre in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    Is my sarcasm detector broken? Thats not physically possible, right?
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Must be the new Tesla model everyone back at the lab was talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matts4313 View Post
    Is my sarcasm detector broken? Thats not physically possible, right?
    some day it will be. theres all kinds of stuff going on with that. im sure in the next 5 years a LOT of stuff will be wirelessly charged. things are slowly using it now and im sure it will continue to grow.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Anyone ever play Infamous on the PS3? He could charge off of anything wirelessly

Maybe his pre delivered a mysterious package that turned out to be a bomb and gained super electrical powers.
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    i mean come on, the phone probably just locked up, it could have been draining the battery even though the phone showed it was still at one hundred. Did you not use the phone at all for four hours? No email, text or even phone calls? So, everytime you went to shut the screen off it displayed the TS charging screen? There are a lot of questions.

Quote Originally Posted by zna03 View Post
    Anyone ever play Infamous on the PS3? He could charge off of anything wirelessly

Maybe his pre delivered a mysterious package that turned out to be a bomb and gained super electrical powers.
    That was funny!
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I don't think he even own a Pre or how a pre looks like.
    motorola developed a wireless charger it uses the radiowaves i think and turns it into energy they haven't gotten to the point of keeping a cell phone on but they are on there way. look it up i saw it on yahoo news a while ago.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twentythreemx View Post
    some day it will be. theres all kinds of stuff going on with that. im sure in the next 5 years a LOT of stuff will be wirelessly charged. things are slowly using it now and im sure it will continue to grow.
    Great, the microwaves I am constantly getting bombarded with on a daily basis wasn't enough to totally fry my brain. This is exactly what I need.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnflo88 View Post
    I don't think he even own a Pre or how a pre looks like.
    I don't think he know gramar or the language english
    Quote Originally Posted by twentythreemx View Post
    Time to invest in Chemoradition stocks?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Used to happen to me. I think it was finally a defective Touchstone back cover.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    maybe he lives under high voltage lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethredic View Post
    Anyone else lucky enough to get this feature?
    That did happen to me the first time I put my Pre on the TouchStone after applying the "don't wake everyone in the house up when I put you on the TouchStone to charge" tweak. I wound up resetting the phone and haven't had that problem since. I didn't leave it like that for very long so I don't know what my battery would have said 4 hours later.
    Terry Rodecker

Palm Pilot -> Palm V -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> 700wx -> ppc6700 -> BB 8830 -> Pre -> iPhone (company requirement) -> TouchPad
  18. PGR
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Next: A hybrid that gets such good fuel economy that you have to syphon some fuel out of the tank every hundred miles or so or it will overflow.

Pete
    Samsung SCH-8500 & Handspring Visor > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Pro > Pre (in November) ... Evolution, or more money than sense?
    FYI - The technology exists to charge electronics wirelessly in the home without plugging anything into the wall. Its call witricity. Check out the youtube vid.

Quote Originally Posted by joetemp75 View Post
    thats nothing new since the 1.3 update my phone never dies
    I've been having problems with 1.3 - while the battery life is normally a whole lot better, using the "Instant On" radar function drains it pretty fast. That's a problem, since I have a whole lot of police that patrol my area, and if a cop car with radar drives by my house it sets the phone off even when I'm sitting at home watching TV. Have you heard if there's a patch coming out yet? That would help my battery life!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast