Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I've done this several times and most of the time I was able to catch it but after the
    9-1-1 operator called me back for the 3rd time I decided to stop using this feature. I agree with most it would be nice to see a tweak that addresses this.
    Quote Originally Posted by licotto View Post
    If you're wanting to set the LOCK for 60 minutes, what's the point of having the LOCK?!?!?!? Just manually LOCK it when you want -leave it open the rest of the time -you're defeating the purpose.
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    This is an Exchange Server (EAS) issue. Some of us connect to an exchange server (usually for work email) and a recent EAS update requires the PIN be set on the phone and it must be unlocked for each and every use. Adjustment of the time delay is not an option.

There have been many threads on this and some solutions that could get you fired. But that's not the point. The point is that this feature, for some, is not an option and not adjustable; if only the emergency call button worked in a less risky manner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaer57 View Post
    Some of us who use our work's exchange server don't have the choice of lock or no lock; the system admins have set it to lock. I wish I could manually unlock it, but the only way would be to delete my work email account from my Pre and that would defeat the purpose of having a smartphone for me. A time lock would at least save me some headache since IT won't budge in removing the PIN requirement. I didn't have this problem with my Treos...
    Quote Originally Posted by pathymo View Post
    I always keep my phone locked in case I lose it. God forbid someone finds and and gets into all my information.
    You guys are correct. I understand the need to lock the phone when you're not using it, but I'd like to be able to adjust the time to be a little longer than 1 minute anyways. I don't need it to be 60 minutes, I think that's overboard, but 5 or 10 minutes would be nice. This way I know I'm done using it, and not just setting it down to get a drink or take a bite of food, ...or kiss my wife... :wink: The work blackberry I had just before this phone would let you be idle for 60 minutes, and that worked out great.

Like I said, I don't need the 60 minutes, but adjustability up to 15 or 20 minutes would be great!
    omg I do this all the time, not even kidding at least 3 times per week, I usually cancel the call before it connects but yea that button needs to be moved or removed. I even switched my password to be nowhere near it
    I called 911 by accident, too. I hang up immediately , but 911 called me back on the phone, I had to explain that was an accident dial...
    I've had many phones with PIN lock screens... none had an Emergency Call button... I understand why it's there... but I find it to be quite annoying. It needs to go away so I can lock my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by prochobo View Post
    Or we could just remove the button completely. "Oh noes! I have to type in 9-1-1 one number at a time"
    The point is that if your phone is locked and you are having a medical emergency, how do I unlock your phone to "type in 9-1-1 one number at a time". If I don't know your pin code, and you can not tell me, then there is no way to dial any number.

I don't know how often that happens, but I am sure that is the logic behind why it is there. However, I do think it should be "less easy" to dial 9-1-1.

Also, it wouldn't surprise me if "big brother" doesn't pass a law making this a requirement.
    palm should put a "slide to dial" 911 feature instead of simply touching a soft button...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    The point is that if your phone is locked and you are having a medical emergency, how do I unlock your phone to "type in 9-1-1 one number at a time". If I don't know your pin code, and you can not tell me, then there is no way to dial any number.
    I've had phones in the past that were locked but still allowed you to enter 9-1-1 into the keypad for emergencies. It even had phone numbers that you could add to an "emergency list" that would allow you to dial those specific numbers even though every thing else was locked.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I had similar situations, but has not been at the point that the 911 call was connected.

it happens to me more often when I try to unlock with my left hand. Part of palm can touch the e-call button as I try to reach the number 3.

I think an easy way to fix is to move the location of the button to the top.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Abyssul, you are fast.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    ***? I get this everytime
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    This really does need to be built into WebOS ASAP. This is exactly how it should work. I've had too many close calls.
    The problem is that the button is too big and touches the edge on the screen, which will respond to the palm of your hand just by picking up the phone. All that needs to be done is a smaller button that has some margin between it and the edge of the screen.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Yes. Will someone please fix this before I start getting charged for false alarms. This has happened so many times. And no, I'm not going to start doing patches and so on. I've seen enough patch horror stories following updates on this forum to make that decision easy.
    I don't have to learn everything the hard way in my life.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Really need to look at the phone when unlocking I guess
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grymtyrant View Post
    Really need to look at the phone when unlocking I guess
    The problem does occur when you are unlocking the phone, since you would be looking at it. The problem is when you pick up you phone from the Touchstone to drop into your pocket on the way out the door in the morning.

This is s critical defect.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12