Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    okay i have webos 1.2.1 and itunes 9.0.1.8

about a week ago i plugged my pre in like normal, and selected Media Sync.
    itunes opens up automatically and i synced all my music up. A fews day after i did the same thing but ever since it has not recognized my pre. Everything else recognizes it still (ex. My computer, windows media player)

Anyone else having this problem? did itunes already block pre syncing again?
    I am concerned for Palm and it customers. They continue to claim, in advertising, that the Pre Sync's with iTunes.

If you ask me, this is a class action lawsuit waiting to happen.

Just my observation.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I personally think Palm has so many things that Apple lifted from Palm's years as a touch appliance that they don't really want to get into that battle. My guess is Palm has a running count on it and would die to be sued by Apple so they could really cause a fuss.

G..
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I had an issue with windows 7.. after some googling.. I came across this..

I had the smae problem yesterday with iTunes, i'm running windows seven and I think I might have found a way to fix it, but it's kind of off and on.

-Go into "my computer" and right click on your pre (when it's in media sync mode)
    - Click "Properties"
    - Click the "Hardware" tab
    - Click on "Apple iPod USB Device"
    - Click Properties
    - In the general tab, click "Change Settings"
    - Click the "Driver tab"
    - Uninstall the driver
    - Reconnect your pre in media sync mode, you're computer should automatically install the driver
    - Open iTunes, it should take less then a minute to find your pre, however if that doesn't work, do the steps above again, but instead of clicking on the driver tab, click on the volumes tab.
    -Click "Populate"
    -Leave the window open and your itunes should see your pre.

You'll have to do it everytime you sync the pre but it worked for me, hopefully it works for you too!

Worked for me.

h t t p ://discussion.treocentral.com/palm-pre/205448-does-1-2-work-itunes-9-0-1-a-2.html
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maven1975 View Post
    I am concerned for Palm and it customers. They continue to claim, in advertising, that the Pre Sync's with iTunes.

Just my observation.
    Quit copying and pasting that garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by gage006 View Post
    Quit copying and pasting that garbage.
    Is it relevant to the post? Yes.

There are no rules against posting relevant information/observation about the post, identical or not.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Is it relevant to the post? Yes.

There are no rules against posting relevant information/observation about the post, identical or not.
    It is not relevant. The user is asking for technical help, not your troll baiting.
    Troll baiting? Anyways.

"Anyone else having this problem? did itunes already block pre syncing again?"

Sounds to me the user has had or heard of issues with iTunes and The Palm Pre.

I own 3 Palm Pre's. I find my investment in Palm no more important than others. However, I am more financially involved than other with their Palm devices. (Perhaps you included)

I don't think trolls have several thanks in their profile.

Just my observation.
    Palm: Palm Pre Product Page

They are covered. Look at the bottom of the page..well, here I'll point out the obvious.

6 Compatible with iTunes v8.2. Compatibility with future versions not guaranteed. Within wireless coverage area only.