Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    i need help with my pre, i was trying to update it & when it got to about 67% it stoped & i rebooted the phone tried to update it again & the screen turned black & no matter what i do i cannot get it to boot up to the giant usb sign i have tried almost every thing & i need help with this can somebody please help me thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by tribi View Post
    i need help with my pre, i was trying to update it & when it got to about 67% it stoped & i rebooted the phone tried to update it again & the screen turned black & no matter what i do i cannot get it to boot up to the giant usb sign i have tried almost every thing & i need help with this can somebody please help me thank you
    did u take the battery out? if u havent take it out and leave it out for like 5 mins then put it back on and start your pre
    You can also try holding down the volume up button when turning your phone on/replacing the battery. This will force the phone into USB mode and allow WebOSDoctor to talk to it.
    Terry Rodecker

Palm Pilot -> Palm V -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> 700wx -> ppc6700 -> BB 8830 -> Pre -> iPhone (company requirement) -> TouchPad
    Charge your Pre for an hour or two. It won't work at less than 30% battery.

Unplug the Pre from everything.

Turn the Pre off COMPLETELY. Remove the battery if you have to.

If you remove the battery, leave it out until I tell you to put it back.

Plug your Pre into the computer

Press and hold the volume up button. Keep it help until I tell you to let go.

Turn on your Pre. If you removed the battery, put it back in.

Wait for the giant USB symbol. It should appear almost instantly.

THEN let go of the volume up button.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    i had already tried all these things & still didn't work i even charged the battery to 100% with a centro & nothing
    Quote Originally Posted by tribi View Post
    i had already tried all these things & still didn't work i even charged the battery to 100% with a centro & nothing
    Please follow the steps in my previous post very carefully. Pay carefull attention to where I tell you to leave the battery out until I say to put it back, and keep the volume up button held until I tell you to let go.

I have never heard of a Pre that these steps would not work for. The only way these steps should fail is if your volume up button is broken, or the flash chip on your Pre has been physically damaged.