Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    ihave loaded the def k... tweek and uninstalled almost all apps. Still getting memory error. Now I can not install accuradio back or friendsflow. I even removed my homebrew apps. Very frustrating what can I do anyone have any ideas? Help... Thank-you.
    webdoctor?
    Quote Originally Posted by agiudici View Post
    ihave loaded the def k... tweek and uninstalled almost all apps. Still getting memory error. Now I can not install accuradio back or friendsflow. I even removed my homebrew apps. Very frustrating what can I do anyone have any ideas? Help... Thank-you.
    Install Fair Dinkum App Limit 0.4.0

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I did install the new release same result. I do not want to loose all my data by doing a restore. Is there A way to reinstall app catalog?
    Quote Originally Posted by agiudici View Post
    I did install the new release same result. I do not want to loose all my data by doing a restore. Is there A way to reinstall app catalog?
    What result are you referring to?

Have you gone to the Fair Dinkum thread, and run the commands in Terminal to determine whether you are experiencing the 100MiB free safety net?

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    i loaded and ran Fair Dinkum currrent newest version 4. I also re-booted and removed all apps previously installed. then rebooted again. The memory error comes up now very quickly. originaly it took a few seconds or so while it attempted to load. I will have to find the original thread and read again.
    Thanks
    I'm having the same problem with Flixter and Accuradio. It told me i needed to update them but when I go to update it tells me my memory is full. And I've deleted a bunch of apps so I know it's not.
    Quote Originally Posted by OptimusMatrix View Post
    I'm having the same problem with Flixter and Accuradio. It told me i needed to update them but when I go to update it tells me my memory is full. And I've deleted a bunch of apps so I know it's not.
    The App Catalog tells you the memory is full when you have less than 100MB free in /var.

Use Preware to install the Terminal app, then type "df" - if the percentage for /var is 60% or larger (i.e. less than 102400 blocks free), then you will get the memory full error, and there is nothing that Fair Dinkum can do about that - you need to use mvapps or meta-doctor to move apps to /media/internal or increase the /var size.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The App Catalog tells you the memory is full when you have less than 100MB free in /var.

Use Preware to install the Terminal app, then type "df" - if the percentage for /var is 60% or larger (i.e. less than 102400 blocks free), then you will get the memory full error, and there is nothing that Fair Dinkum can do about that - you need to use mvapps or meta-doctor to move apps to /media/internal or increase the /var size.

-- Rod
    Ok I did that and it looks like my /var is only 36%. Thats the 6th one down right?
    Quote Originally Posted by trick440 View Post
    webdoctor?
    Lmao... I love how everytime someone has a question on here the first answer they get is Webosdoctor. I think that's the last resort for everyone if they have a problem. They probably already know that and they're asking to see if there's another solution.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    where do i find? how difficult is it to do? any risks? thanks
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Anyone know how to remove an email account if it will not uninstall? This may also be related to the memor problem in the APP store not enough memory issue. I found that my email account had a trash folder w/2000 emails. Tried to delete and then tried to remove account it spent 3hrs trying to remove before i closed app. Some folders were gone except for the out folder. Now I can not remove my hotmail account folder. Is there another way to remove? Im stuck. UGHH!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drnycallstar19 View Post
    Lmao... I love how everytime someone has a question on here the first answer they get is Webosdoctor.
    Every time?

-- Rod - who maybe should stop answering, since he's not saying "webosdoctor" every time
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

-- Rod
    Can anyone explain how to use mvapps or meta-doctor to do this? I looked and couldnt even find the specified programs
    FYI: The functionality of the Fair Dinkum App Limit package has now been incorporated into the latest version of the Package Manager Service (that's 0.9.12). Preware itself is unchanged.

-- Rod