Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    or more importantly discussing the fact that my friend feels like crap about the award...common people; I started this thread to rub it in not to give him fuel for iPhone Vs Pre debate. Eye on the ball people...lol
    This is what I have to say about the iTunes issue:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Honestly that is a great read....but for your friend there is a silver lining.

Look at all the advancements we have now with WebOs/PRE and Android/Google phones. They are pushing past the limits of what Apple has been doing. Eventually Apple is going to need to start looking pass simple things ie: blocking Itunes(Which in itself is just completely dumb...who cares on either side, if you need sync w/ Itunes that bad get an Iphone.).

This is going to start forcing Apple to do some serious upgrading for the Iphone...honestly to me in my opinion.....Iphone is NOT the flashy gagdet anymore. The new "in" thing is hearing someone say "Is that a PRE??"
    Am I the only one mature enough to think that all this "My phone is better than your phone" stuff belongs on an elementary school playground? Who cares?! If the OP's buddy likes the iPhone better, fine. Everyone should have the opportunity to like what they choose, and buy what they like. Is your self-esteem so low that you need validation from Popular Mechanics (like that's a really respected technolgy journal--not) to get through the day?

This forum has become more than a little bit childish, no?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by maven1975 View Post
    Im sure you didn't find guarantees on google sync, applications or anything else.

There is a difference in the phone not being compatible by product/software owners choice. These thing can change at any time.

It is a different story if the promoter/device maker sells a product knowing a feature is not legally allowed to be used or does not have consent to be used with said product. I would think this is bordering deception.

Again, just looking for a discussion, not a fight.
    So the company makes a mistake. Boo hoo. Lets get over it like adults here. I mean seriously. Look at Sony... we have a PS3 that will do 4D in 180 FPS. All companies make mistakes. I'm sure Palm didn't have a crystal ball and forsee apple blocking them from syncing.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Am I the only one mature enough to think that all this "My phone is better than your phone" stuff belongs on an elementary school playground? Who cares?! If the OP's buddy likes the iPhone better, fine. Everyone should have the opportunity to like what they choose, and buy what they like. Is your self-esteem so low that you need validation from Popular Mechanics (like that's a really respected technolgy journal--not) to get through the day?

I think that's what amused the OP: that it's his buddy who was bothered by a phone he doesn't prefer winning an award. I'd say it's the buddy with the self-esteem issue
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts

Its kill-joys like you that like to ruin things by reading too much into them and then drain every last bit of fun outta life; you must be a hoot at parties. I posted this thread as a way to interject a bit of levity into a forum that usually hosts nothing but people complaining about this or that. Its more satirical than serious...it's not like my friend and I really fight about what phone is better...its just us goofing around. I bet you're the kind of guy who sits in a science fiction movie with a stoic expression annoying everyone around you by saying how "that would never happen in real life!" Why don't you take your maturity to the personality store and exchange it for sense of humor.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PookiePrancer View Post
    I think that's what amused the OP: that it's his buddy who was bothered by a phone he doesn't prefer winning an award. I'd say it's the buddy with the self-esteem issue
    It has nothing to do with self esteem, my friend is a executive for one of the most powerful publishers in NYC (Hearst), he doesn't really care. It's just two friends riffing about personal preference. I thought it was an amusing anecdote about the rediculous ongoing Pre Vs. Iphone battle. If I thought this type of post was going to be scrutinzed for it's "childish" nature I probably would have refrained from posting it. whoever said tech-geeks don't have a sense of humor was way off...geeeeez.
    Last edited by dusty78; 10/14/2009 at 04:35 PM.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    I'm with you and who cares what people think. Palm is taking jabs at apple why is it so outlandish that their customers would follow suit. Its all in good fun. Besides we had to listen to all the iphone noise for years whether we wanted to or not.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maven1975 View Post
    I am concerned for Palm and it customers. They continue to claim, in advertising, that the Pre Sync's with iTunes.

If you ask me, this is a class action lawsuit waiting to happen.

Just my observation.
    You're almost trolling aren't you? Do you have Apple stock or something? Just observing...

I'd say, lighten up. Just a bit of friendly ribbing between mates. Other candidates for most would be sporting teams, cars etc. Surely you also indulge in such 'childishness'.
    To be honest, I love my Pre and look forward to every chance I get to show it off, nudge my iPhone buds and demonstarte how cool it is, and get a huge grin when magazines I've read for years like Popular Mechanic add the Pre to their Top 10 innovations for 2009.

Way to go Palm!!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12