webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre and Pre Plus > A few questions about the German Palm Pre
A few questions about the German Palm Pre
Like Tree1Likes

Old 11/12/2009, 01:08 AM   #121 (permalink)

I postponed that, because it seemed to me I need to install Ubuntu for that. I might get around doing that this weekend. Furthermore, I could not find a step-by-step manual so far. I already downloaded something called meta-doctor-59f56e30e8401a9b0d20b441e1842c4822f49da6.tar.gz and I can imagine that the .py file in the scripts folder might also run under my Mac OS X 10.6.2. But without documentation I am quite clueless...
Old 11/12/2009, 01:08 AM   #122 (permalink)

I postponed that, because it seemed to me I need to install Ubuntu for that. I might get around doing that this weekend. Furthermore, I could not find a step-by-step manual so far. I already downloaded something called meta-doctor-59f56e30e8401a9b0d20b441e1842c4822f49da6.tar.gz and I can imagine that the .py file in the scripts folder might also run under my Mac OS X 10.6.2. But without documentation I am quite clueless...
Old 11/12/2009, 01:16 AM   #123 (permalink)
Developer

Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals

-- Rod
www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
rwhitby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/12/2009, 02:53 AM   #124 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by huub View Post
does anyone knows if it will work on the Belgian network Mobistar

Thx in advance!
i'm not that technical as you guy's, but a really want muy pre fast!
I hoop it will be easy so i can try it myself - or let it done by some professionals...
no problems at all on mobistar
morgmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/12/2009, 05:08 AM   #125 (permalink)

Instead of usign meta-doctor , can't i use the xxrake or quinrey sprint roms to bypass activation ..an thn update to the 1.2.1 , will tht b an issue ?

I mean will it be an issue later on ,coz i will still b getting all the updates of webOS from sprint...

I live in India and plan to get the gsm pre, after tryin my hand on the sprint pre n being stuck on the meid mod ..
ssupreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/12/2009, 05:18 AM   #126 (permalink)
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssupreet View Post
Instead of usign meta-doctor , can't i use the xxrake or quinrey sprint roms to bypass activation ..an thn update to the 1.2.1 , will tht b an issue ?

I mean will it be an issue later on ,coz i will still b getting all the updates of webOS from sprint...

I live in India and plan to get the gsm pre, after tryin my hand on the sprint pre n being stuck on the meid mod ..
If you're comfortable using binary images that someone else has created and which are being distributed in violation of Palm's copyright, then fine.

If not, the WebOS Internals Meta-Doctor allows you to create your own 'rom' from any version of the webOS Doctor and as long as you don't redistribute them you're not violating any copyright laws.

-- Rod

Last edited by rwhitby; 11/12/2009 at 05:28 AM.
rwhitby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/12/2009, 06:30 AM   #127 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
If you're comfortable using binary images that someone else has created and which are being distributed in violation of Palm's copyright, then fine.

If not, the WebOS Internals Meta-Doctor allows you to create your own 'rom' from any version of the webOS Doctor and as long as you don't redistribute them you're not violating any copyright laws.

-- Rod
probably u r right, its better to create one urself when u can rather than depending on other for it...

will probably go thru meta-doctor while i wait for my gsm pre
thnx
ssupreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/18/2009, 02:04 PM   #128 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
Hi guys,

I don't have a Pre (yet) but the following should automate updating all the hs_null values to empty without having to go to too much effort.

Root to your Pre and run the following 5 lines. (The first line backs up your database to be on the safe side)

cp /usr/lib/luna/CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 /usr/lib/luna/CarrierNetworkSettings.db3.backup

sqlite3 /usr/lib/luna/CarrierNetworkSettings.db3

UPDATE com_palm_data_carriernetworksettings_DataConnectionSettings set cshnPassword = '' where cshnPassword = 'hs_null';

UPDATE com_palm_data_carriernetworksettings_DataConnectionSettings set cshnUserName = '' where cshnUserName = 'hs_null';

.quit

Let me know how it goes.
Greg
Thanks Greg, that short tutorial made me writing my first SQL statements. I did not try your statements. I realized that these statements are executed on the Pre itself, so I was veryyyyy cautious.
I used the following statements to set a voicemail number in a database, since that field was blank for my provider and should contain the number 1233. The Linux Command line Tool of webOS Quick Install provide the required access to the Pre.

These entries only exists if manual settings on Phone prefs was activated, see explanation at http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...t-key-1-a.html

The multi-line! statements have to be combined onto a single line and executed one by one, each combined one terminated with an Enter. The lines starting with -- are just comments. Try at your own risk. You are changing a core database on the Pre! The command lines are long, combine on one line as indicated, then paste and then hit the closing enter!

-- backup the database
cp /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3 /media/internal/PalmDatabase.db3.bak

-- look in output whether the backup PalmDatabase.db3.bak actually was created
ls /media/internal/

-- find the name of your provider (operator)
-- Combine following 2 lines into ONE line! including all quotes
sqlite3 /media/internal/my.db3 " SELECT * FROM com_palm_data_carriernetworksettings_CarrierNetworkSettings;"

-- substitute that operator name in the statements below, leave the single quotes as they are (replace only the text T-Mobile Netherlands)

-- check in the output whether your provider's VM number is in the database
-- output something like T-Mobile Netherlands|1199 (or no number at all)
-- Combine following 3 lines into ONE line! including all quotes
sqlite3 /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3 " SELECT qOperatorLongName, voicemailNumber FROM com_palm_data_carriernetworksettings_CarrierNetworkSettings where qOperatorLongName='T-Mobile Netherlands' ; "

-- change 1233 in the following statement and the operator name
-- change the voicemail entry in the DB *** CAREFULL ***
sqlite3 /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3 "UPDATE com_palm_data_carriernetworksettings_CarrierNetworkSettings set voicemailNumber = '1233' where qOperatorLongName='T-Mobile Netherlands';"

-- check output to see the VM number did change
sqlite3 /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3 " SELECT qOperatorLongName, voicemailNumber FROM com_palm_data_carriernetworksettings_CarrierNetworkSettings where qOperatorLongName='T-Mobile Netherlands' ; "

Reset the Pre
Someone perhaps cares to check this since it's a SQL tryout for me. But it did work for me.

Last edited by Dick99999; 11/19/2009 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Spaces in long SQL lines repaired and quote remarks included
Dick99999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/19/2009, 12:25 AM   #129 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cely_86 View Post
Hey there,

Using a German Pr on T-Mobile Netherlands, thanks to WebDoctor eveything is working fine exept data connection :-(. I followed the same steps than the other but my Pr don't show any 3G connectivity anywhere, tried different APN setting found on the internet for T-Mobile Netherlands (strangly it is not always the same on each website).

Strangly also, the original data in my file in my Palm Pr (and the version of WebOSDoctor that I have; world ready) are not the same than Dick99999. I have the apnid 133 and by default internet2.voicestream.com and hs_null...

I am a bit desperate to get the 3G working . It's nice with wifi but I would love to use Shoutcast and Google Map outside of my home or my office !

Something strange maybe linked... My phone always tell me when it boots that he can't find the time on the network (and ask if I want to change it myself). You too?

Any ideas how to solve this problem?
What do you mean by "I have the apnid 133...". Did you change such a record? These records you mention seem to be for tmobile USA. Did you try to change the tmobile record for the Netherlands? (or do you by any chance use a rebel sim).

Those NL records look like:
2199023255723 internet-act 359 tmo tmo 1 1 T-Zones GPRS 1099511628192 1 1852
2199023255723 mms 360 tmobilemms tmobilemms 4 4 T-Mobile MMS 1099511628193 1 1856

The first fields of the first line should read like (3 changes)
2199023255723 internet 359 tmobile tmobile

If you want MMS also, change the second record if needed (I don't use MMS)
Depending on the webOS version the first number might differ. Don't change it.
Old 11/20/2009, 02:14 AM   #130 (permalink)

OMG...
I realise the BIG mistake I did... Taking the ID of the table (given by SQLite) when found "T Mobile Netherlands" instead of the ID in the column "ID" to find the good entry in the carrier setting table... I finally found this out by deciding searching for the internet-act tmo tmo entry directly... Shame on me...

I HAVE GOT 3G YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH ! (well just a G now but thats... that is ... So wonderful !)

Bedankt Dick9999, je had gelijk ;-)

Yeaaaah
Cely_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/20/2009, 03:34 AM   #131 (permalink)

Guys,

I have bought a German Palm Pre from O2, and I did what rwhitby mentioned above, and it works fine with me, It's tested with windows XP laptop, and no problem at all, I can guarantee that my self.
Neso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/20/2009, 05:52 AM   #132 (permalink)

removing hs_null works for T-Mobile Hungary.

Just follow the procedure.

unpack db3, delete hs_null from both user and password, put the file back on the pre using

WebOsQuickinstalls sendfile, and you have the connection.

Marvellous, after 10 hours straight braindeath...

Anyway, Palm cannot be as userunfriendly, as to some suckers don't stick with it...
Ixxorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/20/2009, 10:08 AM   #133 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cely_86 View Post
OMG...
I realise the BIG mistake I did... Taking the ID of the table (given by SQLite) when found "T Mobile Netherlands" instead of the ID in the column "ID" to find the good entry in the carrier setting table... I finally found this out by deciding searching for the internet-act tmo tmo entry directly... Shame on me...

I HAVE GOT 3G YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH ! (well just a G now but thats... that is ... So wonderful !)

Bedankt Dick9999, je had gelijk ;-)

Yeaaaah
Glad it works. I have clarified ID in the post. Thanks.
Old 12/05/2009, 06:04 AM   #134 (permalink)

Dear Andrew,

I have my Pre from Germany as well and have the same problem as you did at the beginning of trying to set up KYIVSTAR networksettings.
Could you please send you contact details - so that I could in touch with you - as I need you assistance.

Being grateful in advance.

Yuri,
Kiev
Geller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/2009, 10:24 AM   #135 (permalink)

Hello!

How can I switch back to the German Firmware?
Can I download the firmware?
Herbert
light4you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/2009, 06:15 PM   #136 (permalink)

What is the correct version (in Launcher -> List apps..) in german 1.3.1 for App Catalog? Mine is 1.0.0, but i think it should be 1.3.1?

Is that right and if so, how can i upgrade.. (1.1.3 should work)?

Last edited by cochiloco; 12/22/2009 at 07:53 AM.
undefined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/31/2010, 11:17 PM   #137 (permalink)

Hi dr3wster

My first ever post. I've taken delivery of my German Pre and can report that I have a 2G connection for basic phone usage on Virgin Mobile. I can also connect to the internet via WiFi.

However I have no 3G connectivity and cannot use the internet on my phone at this stage. I'm working through these thread to learn how to change the APN etc, but I have no 'developer' experience, so I'm going slow. I will endeavour to share my learnings if I can get the Pre working properly.

Cheers
Kev
Kev from Sydney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/14/2010, 04:01 PM   #138 (permalink)

Can anyone with access to a current CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 tell me if there is an entry for ANCEL and what are the contents? I'm thinking about importing one to my country (Uruguay) but I have to be sure it will work. I checked on an old list and saw ANCEL there, but the list didn't have the contents.

Another thing, do I have to buy the German version of the Pre? Beacuse I'm going to import my Pre straight from China and I don't know anything about the version.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
asteroidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/15/2010, 03:08 AM   #139 (permalink)

Here is 1.3.5.1
mcc mnc qOperatorShortName useThisOverrideRecord maxTransitUnit maxSegmentSize qOperatorLongName gsmNumSimPDP umtsNumSimPDP smsEmailGateway smsMessageSizeLimit isSmscNumberOnSimCard smscNumber smsValidityPeriod smsMaxPartsPerMessage smsMaxRecipients smsRequestDeliveryReceiptAvailable smsCanSendBlank smsHeaderSizeLimit smsEncoding smsTransportMethods smsNumberSecondsWaitForSegment useVodaphoneVoicemail voicemailNumber useGpsSettingsInCarrierDb gpsAllowed msBasedAllowed msAssistedAllowed agpsServerAddr msAllowedApps msfpTimerMin msfpTimerMax msfpTimerDefault msfpTimerInterval mmsApnId mmscWapGateway mmscUrl mmscPortNumber mmscMessageSizeLimit mmsMaxVideoSize mmsDefaultPageDuration mmsMaxAudioSize mmsMaxPictureHeight mmsMaxPictureWidth mmsMaxRecipients mmsProxy mmsAckMessageRead mmsEnableAutomaticDownloadWhenRoaming mmsVersionNumber mmsCanSendBlank mmsCcBccSupported mmsIsPictureResolutionLimited mmsIsWavSupported mmsRequestDeliveryReceiptAvailable mmsAcknowledgeMsgReceipt id _class_id _mod_num _flags

748 1 ANCEL 0 0 0 ANCEL 3 3 160 1 0 10 20 0 0 7 0 0 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 710 http://mmsc.mms.ancelutil.com.uy 0 300 295 5000 295 480 640 20 200.40.246.2:3128 0 1 0 0 1 1 1 0 0 2199023255819 2 2990

and the data settings

com_palm_data_carriernetworksettings_CarrierNetworkSettings_id apn apnid cshnUserName cshnPassword supportedService serviceDefault regionName id _class_id _mod_num _flags

2199023255819 mms 710 4 4 mmsANCEL 1099511628450 1 2980
2199023255819 wap 711 2 2 wapANCEL 1099511628451 1 2984
Old 02/15/2010, 01:38 PM   #140 (permalink)

Thank you! Does this mean I will be able to use the phone with an ANCEL SIM out of the box? And I see it mentions wapANCEL, will I have to change the settings manually to use 3G?

After reading the GSM Pre sub forum I'm starting to get cold feet about this whole importing business. I have no guarantee whatsoever that the Pre will work, or that I will be able to activate the phone or access the app market. Palm is making very clear they don't want our money.

I really want a Pre, Palm! Don't push me into Android's claws, they are cold and ugly!
asteroidal is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0