Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Is there a way around this? I went to the sprint store and they couldnt get my pictures or video because you need to tap on the screen to access usb mode. I think thats ridiculous that they didnt think of that possibility to access using the keyboard. If there is a way can someone please help. I have a few days til I have to send off the broken phone back to sprint. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    It would be time consuming, but possible... if you have dev mode enabled.

You can use WebOS QI 2.81 to copy files, one at a time, from the phone.

Use the linux commandline to find the files you want and then put the path into receive file and tell it where to save on the computer.
    Sorry about your situation.

I'm not able to help you out but I just wanted to say that I know it's frustrating but don't take this out as a Palm-specific problem. You're going to have a hard time retrieving files on most smartphones.

Good luck.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    I understand... I just find it silly that with 26+ hard buttons on the phone there isnt a shortcut to go to usb mode. Like the shortcut for restarting. it by passes touching the screen to reboot. Thats all I am saying, seems like I am going to lose all my pictures... oh well =0(
    a very smart friend was able to retrieve my pictures and music for me, my touchscreen broke too (when I dropped it for the 15th time)
    Try removing the battery, plug in microusb cable in phone, press and hold volume up button, plug usb side into wall charger, insert battery, and remove cable from wall charger and insert into computer only if you see a full screen icon of usb.
    That should get you into emergency dev mode novacom (bootie).
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I have the same problem and have not been able to find a way. The big usb mode thing does not work, it does not make it a mountable drive so you can't really do anything with it like that.
    @cglaguna can you please ask your friend what he did? It would greatly help a bunch of us!
    I had this same issue and here is how I got my pics back. Using WebOS Quick Install, then Receive file, put inthis line:
    /media/internal/dcim/100palm/cimg0001.jpg
    Then 0002 etc.

Depending how many pics you have, this can be very time consuming!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by floridadomer; 10/14/2009 at 03:19 PM.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    a very smart friend was able to retrieve my pictures and music for me, my touchscreen broke too (when I dropped it for the 15th time)
    can you please get him to explain how? I am dying to get my files back
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    Any idea how he did it? I'm desperate here for some help!
    Quote Originally Posted by floridadomer View Post
    I had this same issue and here is how I got my pics back. Using WebOS Quick Install, then Receive file, put inthis line:
    /media/internal/dcim/100palm/cimg0001.jpg
    Then 0002 etc.

Depending how many pics you have, this can be very time consuming!!!
    I'm trying this, but it just locks up... doesn't seem to be doing anything (unless it takes SEVERAL minutes per pic?)
    Palm needs to supply keyboard shortcuts for the 3 icons that appear when you plug in your Pre to your PC. This would allow us to retrieve pics, etc when the touch screen dies.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!