Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone else experienced these strange bugs? They're all of them intermittent and I can't reproduce them 100% of the time, but ever since 1.2.1 I've been having some strange issues:

- When sitting on the Touchstone charger, but the screen is active (on), and I have my notifications maximized, the notifications will... time out? The error message that you get when too many cards are open will flash up on the screen for just a moment while the notifications minimize. Then the error message goes away. It happens all within about 1 or 2 seconds.

- My Pre has told me 4 times now that there's an update available for my phone. I let it take me to the update screen, and it's already downloaded 1.2.1 for me to install. I go ahead and let it run the install and it boots up fine. Then a few days later, it does it all over again.

- Screen auto-adjusts brightness even though the setting is turned off.

There are some other strange bugs that I've been having too, but they happen so infrequently I can't remember what they are. I don't have any tweaks turned on, my phone isn't in developer mode, I do have a couple homebrew apps on my Pre, but they've all been out for a while and are at their most recent versions. I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed their Pre acting buggy since the 1.2.1 rollout.
    Quote Originally Posted by orangeneptune View Post
    Has anyone else experienced these strange bugs? They're all of them intermittent and I can't reproduce them 100% of the time, but ever since 1.2.1 I've been having some strange issues:

- When sitting on the Touchstone charger, but the screen is active (on), and I have my notifications maximized, the notifications will... time out? The error message that you get when too many cards are open will flash up on the screen for just a moment while the notifications minimize. Then the error message goes away. It happens all within about 1 or 2 seconds.

- My Pre has told me 4 times now that there's an update available for my phone. I let it take me to the update screen, and it's already downloaded 1.2.1 for me to install. I go ahead and let it run the install and it boots up fine. Then a few days later, it does it all over again.

- Screen auto-adjusts brightness even though the setting is turned off.

There are some other strange bugs that I've been having too, but they happen so infrequently I can't remember what they are. I don't have any tweaks turned on, my phone isn't in developer mode, I do have a couple homebrew apps on my Pre, but they've all been out for a while and are at their most recent versions. I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed their Pre acting buggy since the 1.2.1 rollout.
    YEAH!! My phone has some strange looseness from side to side, when it's closed and I twist the top half. It's kinda like when you twist the two halves of an oreo cookie, and NONE of the updates have addressed this yet.
    But seriously though, I think my pre has run it's smoothest when we had 1.04. The latest updates have seemed kinda rough on the UI, making it sorta "glitchy".. too many little things to mention.
    P.S. - I have never "tweaked" or "homebrewed" and i've had it since june. Don't worry, you have plenty of company.
    I will add as well...Since the 1.2.1 update, my pre has been sporadic about charging on the touchstone. Sometimes it will charge just fine, and other times it will start charging and then stop chargin (with no apparent reason) and I will need to restart the pre before it let's the touchstone charge it back up again.
    My pre (non rooted) is slower with launching an app. I would say that the load time has doubled.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    YEAH!! My phone has some strange looseness from side to side, when it's closed and I twist the top half. It's kinda like when you twist the two halves of an oreo cookie, and NONE of the updates have addressed this yet.
    But seriously though, I think my pre has run it's smoothest when we had 1.04. The latest updates have seemed kinda rough on the UI, making it sorta "glitchy".. too many little things to mention.
    P.S. - I have never "tweaked" or "homebrewed" and i've had it since june. Don't worry, you have plenty of company.
    haha sounds more like hardwawre problems.....

but i have noticed some problems like the op had stated...my phone freezes now, unlike before the update i never had my phone freeze on me.....now its freezing up more and more.sometimes touchscreen goes wackyy, and battery life sucks major
    i have had browser problems , as in it just hangs up from time to time for a few seconds (20-30) before I can do anything on the page, and yes the page is fully loaded.

I have also noticed apps loading a little slower also.

At least the battery standby time has improved.
    I've experienced the issue with the browser loading. But my biggest issue is that sometimes when I put the phone to my ear, I can't hear the caller. They can hear me though. Its intermittent, and Sprint wont order a replacement until they see this in action. Its kinda starting to **** me off too!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneAfter909 View Post
    My pre (non rooted) is slower with launching an app. I would say that the load time has doubled.
    +1
    Don't know about you guys but my phone just stays on frozen regardless of wether I'm charging it or not. Touching the screen doesn't help because it does nothing. It won't even put the screen to sleep if I push the power button. Honestly it's kinda aggravating me.

by the way does any one happen to find their calls being answered when you do absoulutely nothing? I don't even know some one's on the phone until they start yelling to get my attention as if I had answered them in the first place, and most of the time it's people I don't want to talk to. Any idea of what i can do? I've already taken off all the apps and it's not tweaked. HELP ME PLZ.
    Mine seems to have issues loading the e-mail app, as in it stays blank. I also seem to have to reset it at least every 2 days, something I never had to do. I think there may be a memory leak somewhere...
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    I've been getting "phantom notifications". It will give the audible and vibration alert, but there is nothing there when I look at the screen. Just started happening yesterday. Only thing I did was install "The Weather Channel" and uninstall "Accuweather".
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    do you have rules set up in your email that specify 'move email to trash if subject or body contains [advertisemetn]'?

You could be getting an email notification when an advertisemetn email arrives in your inbox and then it's moved to trash and your notification goes away.

unlikely but possible.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewPre View Post
    do you have rules set up in your email that specify 'move email to trash if subject or body contains [advertisemetn]'?

You could be getting an email notification when an advertisemetn email arrives in your inbox and then it's moved to trash and your notification goes away.

unlikely but possible.
    Thank you. It doesn't seem that that is the problem. Hopefully it was just a temporary glitch.
    anyone experiencing a near-freeze when downloading an app from the palm catalog? Everytime I try to dl somethin it hangs for a good 60 sec where the system is completely AWOL before dl'ing. Then its ok....
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Mine works better now: before 1.2.1 it was shutting down 3-4 times a day.

But I still can't send email.
    Quote Originally Posted by harold42483 View Post
    +1
    Sweet, my 1st point.
    Yes. My pre is having the Touchstone charging issue and the freezing issue. I am not a happy camper.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneAfter909 View Post
    Sweet, my 1st point.
    Although my wife can get two digits in my backside.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by vizi View Post
    I've been getting "phantom notifications". It will give the audible and vibration alert, but there is nothing there when I look at the screen. Just started happening yesterday. Only thing I did was install "The Weather Channel" and uninstall "Accuweather".
    Yeah, that's another one I've been having.

One issue I forgot to mention this morning; I can be sitting in one place and my signal bars will go from weak EVDO to strong, back to weak, then no signal at all, then 1x, then roaming. And I wouldn't have moved at all. It's frustrating.

The thing that's the MOST worrying? Is how many Pre users are having bugs, but so many of us seem to be having DIFFERENT bugs that nobody else is having. How does that happen?
  20.    #20  
    Something new just happened to me... I just ran Updates to check for new updates and it told me I have an update available for the AP app... except I NEVER installed that app before!

Has that happened before?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast