Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I got a chance to look at Sprint's HTC Hero today and loved the visual voice mail. Does the Pre have this feature? Thanks!
    No
    Sadly, it does not. The only thing my Instinct did better...
    The pre doesn't, but Google voice does. *hint hint*
    But this can be upgraded to the pre?!?!?!?!?! as some have stated here
    Quote Originally Posted by vanityeverlastingbonet View Post
    But this can be upgraded to the pre?!?!?!?!?! as some have stated here
    If Palm feels like it, then sure, shouldn't be that hard to implement it. Hopefully they will!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by lostshootingstar View Post
    The pre doesn't, but Google voice does. *hint hint*
    What exactly is Google voice? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Roweboy View Post
    What exactly is Google voice? Thanks!
    Google Voice is a free service from Google that essentially gives you a phone number, and then will ring any/all phones from a personal list of numbers (i.e. home, work, cell, etc.) when that number is called. That way you only have to give people one number and it will "find" you. It also has a bunch of other features, including visual voicemail.

You have to sign up and wait for an "invitation", but it doesn't take that long. Then, of course, you have to give the new number to everyone and get them to use it.
    no
    I wish I got an invite to google voice I would be using the crap outta that thing.
    I heard you can get google voice accounts from e-bay fairly cheep
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroven Taulrok View Post
    I wish I got an invite to google voice I would be using the crap outta that thing.
    Just sign up here.
    https://services.google.com/fb/forms/googlevoiceinvite/

I got an invite in like a week or 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    Just sign up here.
    [url]

I got an invite in like a week or 2.
    Mine took a month
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    If Palm feels like it, then sure, shouldn't be that hard to implement it. Hopefully they will!
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe visual voicemil would have to be a Sprint implementation, which makes it exceedingly unlikely that this would happen after launch. Unless maybe they developed an app for download? Does anyone else have any better insights into this?
    Quote Originally Posted by rmt5 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe visual voicemil would have to be a Sprint implementation, which makes it exceedingly unlikely that this would happen after launch. Unless maybe they developed an app for download? Does anyone else have any better insights into this?
    I believe a 3rd party can create this as andriod has 3rd party visiual voicemail apps.

As stated in this thread here
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...voicemail.html

I would seriously luv the feature. If the hero & instinct can do it on sprint why not the Pre?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroven Taulrok View Post
    really if you want a google voice account and are willing to pay about $7.

you can get it on ebay

NEW GOOGLE VOICE ACCOUNT INVITE INVITATION NUMBER LINK - eBay (item 250513446908 end time Nov-12-09 07:05:16 PST)

no joke
    Well yeah, we know that Sprint is capable of doing it, so to be politically correct, it would take a collaborative effort of both Sprint and Palm.
    I thought visual voicemail simply downloaded the voicemails to the device which provided an interface to access the downloaded voicemails.

Even if it does require some infrastructure from the carrier, other Sprint phones have the feature so at this point, I would imagine it's just a matter of implementing the feature on the device itself.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Yes, of course anything that gets done would inherently be a sprint/palm collaboration. But again (and I don't really understand this), when I had an instinct and moved to a touch diamond, I remember reading that there is something proprietary about voicemail where the carrier would have to take an actual developmental role. This is why a couple of the star phones on each carrier get it (instinct, hero, etc), while some super high end phones (touch pro) never, ever got it (even though anyone can write anything for winmo).
    The vmail system for Visual Voicemail is different than the normal vmail system that Sprint uses, so Sprint would gave to set it off..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast