Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenx View Post
    In all fairness, the App Catalog only really takes that long if you're using Preware/PMS.
    Are you sure? How does Preware affect the official App Catalog?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenx View Post
    In all fairness, the App Catalog only really takes that long if you're using Preware/PMS.
    this is fixed with the fairdinken app isnt it
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    Are you sure? How does Preware affect the official App Catalog?
    no its not preware its the app store checking your phone before it downloads anything
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    this is fixed with the fairdinken app isnt it
    Yes. And it REALLY does work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Pulling out the battery should not cause any problems. Many of us here swap out the battery during the day due to it getting low. I have two backup batteries and may swap one or two of them, 4 - 5 days a week due to heavy usage. Many have also purchased a larger battery so they no longer do it.
    Pulling the battery and counting to 10, putting it back in gets rid of all the stray files stuck in memory. I have had "smart phones" for years and they ALL need to be reset once in a while. It just depends upon usage.
    As far as restoring your phone - only as a last resort. It takes a long time, resets everything back to factory defaults, Clears all information and pictures. If for some reason you choose to do this, connect your phone to the computer and backup your pictures. Then go to the last page in the launcher and click on "backup". Follow the prompts and you will have all your contacts, memos and tasks backed up with Palms server. After you reset the phone with restore you now can reinstall your pictures and the palm server will restore your other stuff.

+1
    I second everything ACEKILLA has said.
    I don't think you understood my point. Pulling the battery is one thing, having to repeated pull it to shut it down is a whole different ballpark, and can be bad for filesystems.

Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    Honestly, I don't think this is normal. Yes, my computer tends to freeze a second or two when doing cpu intensive stuff. But it mostly just works a little slower. I have the feeling webOS 1.2 freezes more than previous releases. And longer.

In webOS 1.1 the browser used to be unresponsive for several seconds when scrolling. Really annoying. It happens when scrolling the mobile twitter page (low memory) only, without any other windows open. This hasn't been fixed since.

But in 1.2 there are even more freezes. When downloading an app from the official App Catalog the phone freezes for 30-60 seconds. What's it doing? I don't know. After that, it starts downloading, so that's not what it's doing in the meantime.

Booting a program takes time. I understand (although it should be faster as well). But some of the current random freezes are unacceptable for a company like Palm.
    I've not had a single freeze or glitch with 1.2 or 1.2.1, and I've arguably been running it longer than 99.9% of the board. Sounds like you have an issue, and it's likely hardware, or you might consider running the WebOS Doctor, start with a clean slate.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    The only time I experiened long freezes in the app store was when I was using Preware without the Fair Dinkum package. After installing that, downloading from the app catalog has returned to normal.

Also 1.2.1 has finally gotten the Pre to where I think it should have been at launch in terms of speed, response, battery life, etc. If you are finding a lot of glitches and freezes like you say I'd bring it in to Sprint
    ill inform you as to a reason why the pre freezes up when you load app catalog
    *mind you this is if you have preware installed, i dont know if filecoaster also affects this*

when the pre connects to app catalog, the app catalog loads off the apps installed in your pre and some other information. now that other information is the list of apps in preware, i dont know if its exactly like this or not here is the post for you to comprehend.

http://www.precentral.net/app-instal...pp-limit-patch

now this is the problem most people had, the app catalog would load off apps from preware causing a long list of apps to be loaded, and also giving off the error of "not enough memory delete apps" or something like that. the solution to this was the patch that came out in the past week, fairdinken app.

this made sure the app catalog loaded the apps installed on the pre, not the apps listed on preware. so install this patch and this may help your problem solved for slow loading/freezes on the app catalog.

now as for web pages freezes all i can say if the web page was not displayed as mobile you will probably run through errors or freezes. the reason the web page is displayed as a computer would normally see it, how ever the pre is not a computer its a phone. so by being a phone there is some small programs the computer has that the pre does not and this will not display a page properly and maybe not even run smooth at all. so if the web page is not on a mobile site, you already got a reason for these freezes.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12