1.    #1  
    I want to make a playlist on my pre but it wont allow me to. Tried downloading the music player remix and u can make flylists but if you try to rearrange them it still plays the songs in abc order. and when you close the app and go back in it changes them back to abc order. Is there a program that i can use to make a playlists with the songs in the order i want and put it on my pre??
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    You need to make the playlists on your computer for now and transfer them in as a group. I'm still using ITunes for this.
  3.    #3  
    thanks ill try and see what happens
    I have it on my list to allow re-ordering of tracks in a flylist. So look for this in a future release of the app.

But until then, creating a playlist on your computer is the way to go. The way I did it was to use Windows Media Player. You basically copy the contents of a folder to the playlist bar on the right-side of WMP. Then right-click it and select "Save As" and choose "M3U". Then save the "M3U" file in the same directory as the music files. Then transfer over that folder to the Pre using USB mode. The playlist will show up in the "Playlists" section.
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    Since when has the pre recognized windows media player playlists?
    If you save them as M3U files, they'll be recognized.
    I'll chime in here just because I spent a few hours this weekend trying to make bookmarks... I can't find the thread now but somewhere else here in the forums someone made a point that finally hit home: if you make playlists after the fact (i.e. after you've imported in all your music), basically somehow you need to make the pre 'refresh' itself by re-reading the folders (so that it now sees the newly created .m3u's
    I just ripped a few of my CDs into mp3s and put them in folders (each CD into a folder) and put all the folders into a 'media' folder I created on the pre. I was making the m3u's both inside the individual folders or dragging it out to the media folder, making the m3u's "relative" or "absolute"... nothing-- the pre never saw any of my playlists. finally I just renamed a folder (jarsofclay)-->(jarsofclay1) and once I fired up the musicplayer again.. viola! it appeared, I'm assuming, because it had to now read through this 'new' folder.

at least that was my experience.. please feel free to correct me. I enjoy lurking on this site - lots of good tips, cool apps.. I love it.. love the pre too, of course!
    thanks all,
    If thats all youre trying to do. You should get the music player remix from the homebrew apps. You can make youre own playlist right on the phone.
    Last edited by dremon21; 10/20/2009 at 10:40 AM.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    I use Rhapsody to create playlists and it works like a charm, but beware of the following:

1. make sure you tap media sync on the pre, rhapsody will recognize the pre as an Ipod.

2. If you tap usb drive on the pre, rhapsody will still recognize but only as mass storage, you will not be able to create and save playlist.

3. you will NOT be able to use "Rhapsody to go" as a subscription service on the pre.

4. You may get double songs on your pre if you transferred songs as a mass storage device and then transferred again using media sync. The reason being is if you use as a usb device you can drag music in to the pre, if using media sync, it creates seperate folders and puts songs into these folders. ( I tried cleaning out my double songs via mass storage and accidentally erased some of my Pre sounds)

good luck
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    But until then, creating a playlist on your computer is the way to go. The way I did it was to use Windows Media Player. You basically copy the contents of a folder to the playlist bar on the right-side of WMP. Then right-click it and select "Save As" and choose "M3U". Then save the "M3U" file in the same directory as the music files. Then transfer over that folder to the Pre using USB mode. The playlist will show up in the "Playlists" section.
    Thanks for this great tip. I was able to finally get some playlist to work for me. very easy to do!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bdb777 View Post
    I'll chime in here just because I spent a few hours this weekend trying to make bookmarks... I can't find the thread now but somewhere else here in the forums someone made a point that finally hit home: if you make playlists after the fact (i.e. after you've imported in all your music), basically somehow you need to make the pre 'refresh' itself by re-reading the folders (so that it now sees the newly created .m3u's
    I just ripped a few of my CDs into mp3s and put them in folders (each CD into a folder) and put all the folders into a 'media' folder I created on the pre. I was making the m3u's both inside the individual folders or dragging it out to the media folder, making the m3u's "relative" or "absolute"... nothing-- the pre never saw any of my playlists. finally I just renamed a folder (jarsofclay)-->(jarsofclay1) and once I fired up the musicplayer again.. viola! it appeared, I'm assuming, because it had to now read through this 'new' folder.

at least that was my experience.. please feel free to correct me. I enjoy lurking on this site - lots of good tips, cool apps.. I love it.. love the pre too, of course!
    thanks all,

It may have been that something in the m3u was not correct. I created an m3u file in Resco Exporer (via Classic). I moved it (via Internalz) to my music folder. It was not recognized. I later discovered that the m3u referenced a file name that was not present in the folder. When I deleted that line, the m3u was recognized right away.
    Quote Originally Posted by dremon21 View Post
    If thats all youre trying to do. You should get the music player remix from the homebrew apps. You can make youre own playlist right on the phone.
    And it's easy to add tracks to the playlists.
    I thought this kind of sucked too. You cant drag and drop your seperate folders onto the USB and open the folders seperatly. They all open and all music is on the list. I hate i tunes but I am forced to use it to retain seperate playlists.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdb777 View Post

thanks all,
    Thanks!!! Benn trying all the posts but this one made it all work for me. Thanks again.