Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    The thing is, if Palm themselves dont have the capability to add more codecs, then they should allow other developers like Kinoma better tools to develop thier app.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Just found out that the new Droid streams wma, wmv why Palm why??
    Who cares about WMV... flash will be better anyways.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    Try listening to most local AM FM major radio stations owned by ClearChannel (most of them) and you'll see why wma is important. I wont be able to listen to local news,sports etc. The iphone manages this with iheart radio so far iheart has not announced an app for the Pre
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    Because the station that I want to listen to bbnradio.org only streams in WMV? Why don't they stream in mp3? Because it costs too much money and nonprofit radio stations can't afford it.
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    Thanks, but this site is the one where wma or wmp is required for playback of major radio stations in big cities. Don't beleive me? Try playing your local AM/FM radio station on your Pre from this site.

The Pre will only playback if your station is streaming in mp3 most major stations (ClearChannel stations) do not they use wma, wmp, asx etc
    Both of the major stations I listen to on my Pre work just fine. I listen to two stations out of Detroit: 101.1 WRIF and 97.1 WXYT The Ticket.

Out of curiosity what are the stations you are trying to listen to? I understand that you want the phone to work with the specific file format, but maybe somebody could find you a streaming MP3 link for some of your specific stations. I found the WRIF streaming link right on their site. They are .pls files.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    I really want WMA streakming to be addressed a in very near update... There's some media that I can't stream b/c of the format!!!!
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    I live in San Diego and the stations I want to listen to are the popular KFI AM 640 from LA, and KOGO AM 600 from San Diego both stream wma or flash which the Pre doesnt support.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Wow, not sure how the new app RadioTime does it, but I managed to get wma stations to play on my Pre!!

By searching for the actual show name for example "Rush Limbaugh" or "George Noory", I managed played local radio stations I was unable to play before because they were wma streams. It seems a bit inconsistent but its been working well.

Bravo Radiotime!
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...-scanners.html
    Last edited by migs; 12/19/2009 at 03:36 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12