1.    #1  
    First of all, the device is so sleek and sexy. The screen is beautiful and I love the interface. The battery life kills it for me though, and I'm not a big fan of the keyboard. I have two and only opened one of them, I am for sure selling the nib Pre but have not decided if I am going to keep my Pre or not though. I am going to try some of the battery saving tips and go from there.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    The tips do help, but if this is a big concearn for you then this is not your phone. For me I just deal with it I enjoy the device, but it is a constant annoyance having to worry about where I am going to find a charge.
    Quote Originally Posted by mclldavidson View Post
    I'm not a big fan of the keyboard.
    You purchased a smart phone when you didn't like the keyboard!? That's like purchasing a TV that you don't really like the picture quality of.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    My Pre lasts >2 days with pretty good use using the Seidio 2600 extended battery
    Battery life kinda sucks for any consumer multimedia smartphone. Just the way it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Battery life kinda sucks for any consumer multimedia smartphone. Just the way it is.
    Yeah, I think folks expectations for this kind of device are not realistic. Most reports with any real data have the Pre about on par with iPhone and other similar devices. The battery technology just isn't up to the task at the moment and you have to deal with it somehow (spare batteries, more chargers, save juice, whatever) if you want the features.
    I think the battery technology is available. Palm just decided to trade off thinness with battery size. I wouldn't mind a little thicker for 50% more battery capacity.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Well i got my pre last week, and i have no complaint about the battery as i understand the limitation of the battery technology right now. Having said that my pre gives me 2 days of battery life on a moderate use with wifi always turned on at home and data switched off and turning on data when ever necessary at work. for eg took it out of charge yesterday morning, now at 66%. Happy pre customer. Now how i wish i get better apps and app limit removed.

NOTE i have not used any of the hacks or the homebrews yet, will giv it soem time before i jump in.
  9.    #9  
    When the wifi is turned on does it automatically switch off data if it detects a wifi signal?
    one that you have used before yes. It wont just connect to any network. But if you've told it to connect in the past, it will. Example, My house...I just walk in and it picks it up and connects. The bar i went to last night? I had to tell it its ok to use it, now if i ever go back (doubt it the wings sucked) it will connect to it.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    one that you have used before yes. It wont just connect to any network. But if you've told it to connect in the past, it will. Example, My house...I just walk in and it picks it up and connects. The bar i went to last night? I had to tell it its ok to use it, now if i ever go back (doubt it the wings sucked) it will connect to it.
    But does it then turn off the EVDO connection?
    Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    Yeah, I think folks expectations for this kind of device are not realistic. Most reports with any real data have the Pre about on par with iPhone and other similar devices. The battery technology just isn't up to the task at the moment and you have to deal with it somehow (spare batteries, more chargers, save juice, whatever) if you want the features.
    Yep.

I took my son and two of his friends to Disneyland this past weekend, we were there for about 12 hours. One of his friends had an iPhone, while my son and the other friend had regular dumb phones.

By around 7pm, the iPhone was totally dead (the kid was texting on and off most of the day) and I was milking my battery (my battery life the last couple weeks has sucked for some reason) to make it back to the TS in my truck.

My son (who actually wants a Pre or Pixie himself) was gloating about not having to charge his phone for days.
    If you don't mind it being ugly and fatter get the sedio extended battery, it's double.