Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    I sent an email to Blockbuster, Gamefly and AT&T Uverse to create an app for the Pre. I ask we all send emails to the sites we use and want an app for. I ask that all who reply here add a link to that site and all of us try and email them to ask for an app. This is were we as a comunity can really stand together and work towards getting those apps into our app catalog.

What do yah say... whose with me!?!?! One of my emails below to gamefly. They have a nice mobile site but an app would just be that much better. I would like an app for:

gamefly : support@gamefly.com
    chasebank: need to login to email - (has an iphone app)
    AT&T Uverse: need to login to email
    Blockbuster online: Online@Blockbuster.cust-serv.com

If we have not resolved your issue to your satisfaction, you may reopen it within the next 7 days. To do so, please reply directly to this message and your issue will be moved to the top of the response queue.

We are happy to be of service to you.

Subject
    Please create a gamefly mobile app for the palm pre and web os platform. Than...

Discussion Thread
    Response (Blair) 10/12/2009 01:16 PM
    Hello,

Thank you for your interest in GameFly. We will forward your suggestion to the appropriate department for consideration.

If we can be of further assistance regarding our service, please let us know.

Sincerely,

The GameFly Team
    Email: support@gamefly.com
    Online help: GameFly: Help/FAQ
    Customer (SHO_ONE) 10/12/2009 07:11 AM
    Please create a gamefly mobile app for the palm pre and web os platform. Thank you. Visit precentral.net and you will see we are a large community & would love to see you there! I am not a representative of precentral.net in any way. Like gamefly.com I only reside their.
    I could do that if Palm has me fill out some papers and puts me on their payroll.
    What kinda crazy talk is that, cardfan? We should be happy to put in the legwork to get apps done, and we should also be grateful that Palm allows homebrew developers and coders to finish the internals of WebOS and enable functionality.

They're doing us the favor, see?
    AT&T Uverse? Good luck with that one!
    Wish I could help you, but I have no interest in any of those apps.

This illustrates one of the problems that Palm is facing ... the "must have" app for one person is a "who cares" app for others. It's funny when I see one of those rants about "how could Palm release such a lame product", when I think the Pre is just fine the way it is (except for the app limit issue). Of course, I'm not a power/business user, so the basic Calendar/Contact/etc apps work just fine for me.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    Wish I could help you, but I have no interest in any of those apps.

This illustrates one of the problems that Palm is facing ... the "must have" app for one person is a "who cares" app for others. It's funny when I see one of those rants about "how could Palm release such a lame product", when I think the Pre is just fine the way it is (except for the app limit issue). Of course, I'm not a power/business user, so the basic Calendar/Contact/etc apps work just fine for me.
    I didn't mean we should email for mine alone, just simply saying if there is an app you want and a site associated with it like chase in my example put it here...

List your own and provide the email link and I will email them on you behalf and mine as well.. If these guys get enough emails maybe they'll create an app based on an apperante need.