Global Posts
    346 Global Posts
    I just got my Pre last week and I have noticed that my ring tone volume does not seem to be as loud as my previous phone. Is there a way to increase the volume without purchasing an app, or can you suggest an app to do this?
    I would make sure first you go through all your ringtones and see which one u like that gets the loudest at the highest volume level. I've noticed some ringers are louder than others, also you can create your own ringer with a computer and set its volume louder than normal.
    Global Posts
    346 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    I would make sure first you go through all your ringtones and see which one u like that gets the loudest at the highest volume level. I've noticed some ringers are louder than others, also you can create your own ringer with a computer and set its volume louder than normal.
    What program do I use to create a ringtone from my computer and how do I increase the volume level before I put in in my pre?
    I can't post links yet, but there is a wealth of information in the Palm Pre Tips, Information, and Resources forum (just look under forums in this site). There is a sticky concerning how to make your own ring tones. AQucsaiJr, do a search on increasing volume of ringtones. You'll find a very easy step by step guide to making your current ring tones louder.
    Quite.......quiet?
    Be sure your phone is updated to WebOS 1.2.1, it increased the volume on the ringer by a decent amount.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    1. Goto Sounds & Ringtones and make sure your volume sliders are turned all the way up.

2. You can make your own ringtones. Check out: MP3 Cutter - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

Once you make your ringtone from your one music file drag & drop into ringtone folder while Pre is connect to computer in USB mode.
    Global Posts
    346 Global Posts
    Thanks for all the responses to my issue. I think I will give these suggestions a try and let you know my results.
    Thanks so much, it was beginning to bother me!
    Quote Originally Posted by AQucsaiJr View Post
    I just got my Pre last week and I have noticed that my ring tone volume does not seem to be as loud as my previous phone. Is there a way to increase the volume without purchasing an app, or can you suggest an app to do this?
    Here is a link to the boosted stock ringtones. I use the "older phone louder", and use it about 3/4 volume or it's too loud.

http://www.precentral.net/louder-pal...ingtone-volume
    Global Posts
    346 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    Here is a link to the boosted stock ringtones. I use the "older phone louder", and use it about 3/4 volume or it's too loud.

That looks like my solution... Thanks!
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    makeownringtone.com produces loud ringtones
    and it's very easy to use