Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Let me start off by saying, I'm not an "app guy". I usually find everything I need on the phone I buy as-is. I very rarely bought anything for the previous palm smartphones I've owned.

Now here I am w/a Palm Pre and all of a sudden I'm checking the app store everyday and getting upset when I don't see anything that appeals to me. I want something "cool". I want something I can show off like some people w/that extremely popular device that 3/4 of the population seems to have. I want to win a fight.

I'm writing this as an intervention of my own idiocy. The fact is, my Pre is dope! And it just keeps getting better. It has infinite potential. And it has homebrew! That is huge! These homebrew dudes are the ****! (Let me take this moment to thank all of the Homebrew contributors for all of your hard work and for making my phone so dope.) The fact that the Pre can be tweaked with out breaking any kind of legal agreement is THE deal breaker. And lets not get into the physical keyboard I just typed all of this on without a hitch.

So I'll wrap this up by saying this: I'm not gonna fight with these iPeople. They've already won the app battle. There truly is an app for that. But, I've got a phone that is way ahead of the curve as-is. Out the box without any apps installed I would say its better than the iShepard...I mean iPhone. And I get more bang for my buck w/ a stack and a half left over. So fight the urge to compete w/the iSheep! If you know your phone, then you know you've already won.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    its always amazing how much anger people can have for a product they have no interest in owning. How embarrassing for you.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Why do you feel the need to "compete"??

It's a phone, not the Olympics.....
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    its always amazing how much anger people can have for a product they have no interest in owning. How embarrassing for you.
    sentence 1 paragraph 3. How embarrassing for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by vizi View Post
    Hee hee.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I'd have to agree. I have yet to buy an app. I don't know what I'm expecting to find. Even the apps on the iphone ads.. I find myself saying, hm.. that's cool. I wouldn't buy it, but it's cool. I don't really know what I'm waiting to find.
    I want something "cool". I want something I can show off like some people w/that extremely popular device that 3/4 of the population seems to have. I want to win a fight.
    ..if you want to show off buy a Mclaren F1 or something.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    ..if you want to show off buy a Mclaren F1 or something.
    I keep trying to show off my Mclaren F1 to my friends, but they all want to play with my Pre instead.
    My McLaren F2 is better than your F1
    If you are looking for neat things to show off, Preware is your ace in the hole. MyTether is another great thing to show off anytime your friends need wifi. Sprint Navigation is also quite cool and useful. GDial Pro adds some neat functionality that a lot of other phones do not have. If you really want to impress people, you could write that killer app that everyone wants!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by duallydave View Post
    My McLaren F2 is better than your F1
    Dang...
    Everyone knows the F2 is really still a beta product.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Sorry. I must have fallen asleep at paragraph 2 of 30. But burn aside, it still doesn't answer why someone would have this much emotional investment in criticizing a product that they have no interest in buying. The "battle" is between Palm and Apple so what exactly do people get out of slamming fellow consumers for picking the product that fits their personal needs?

It just seems like if ANY of these products were as awesome as the owners claim then they wouldn't feel a need to put down other products/people in order to feel better about the device they use.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Wow! OK Urkel... Since you seem to have a hard time understanding. I know it is wrong to want to compete in this case. So I was kind of putting myself on blast for feeling the urge. I think its OK to say I like the Palm Pre in a Palm Pre forum. Get a grip!

Reading is fundamental, comprehending what is read, well that's something different.
    Last edited by vizi; 10/14/2009 at 04:23 AM.
    "I was kind of putting myself on blast " Sorry buddy but it didnt sound to me that you were... you sounded like some guy/gal who likes his/her phone but wants more apps to so off to his/her friends... give the phone time ... i understand too, I look things up daily and I showed off my phone to friends and coworkers when I first got t he phone... im sure Urkel was not the only one that read this and thought the samething, He/she was just the first to respond.... soon you will get ur apps that you love and all will be well again.
    Quote Originally Posted by sreyes View Post
    "I was kind of putting myself on blast " Sorry buddy but it didnt sound to me that you were...
    Was it the slang that confused you guys because the following seems pretty clear that the op WAS doing just what he said:

I'm writing this as an intervention of my own idiocy.
    So I'll wrap this up by saying this: I'm not gonna fight with these iPeople.
    If you know your phone, then you know you've already won.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.