Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Visual Modding It's not the "unique" factor, as you said, it's been done before. It's the ease of doing it that's new. You don't have to be a programmer. There are folks now making themes that know virtually nothing about programming. Couldn't do that with PalmOS. Not very easy 9from my limited experience) with WinMo. WebOS, it's easy.

    Tethering maybe it's "everywhere" for you, but not for everyone. I used tethering extensively on my boat with my Treo when we did overnighters. Now friends and family that come with us can as well. To anyone that sees the commercial for MyFi, they understand the "cool" factor of My Tether.

    Flashlight I used to use my Treo's screen as a flashlight. If you think the screen works as well as the camera's LED, you either haven't compared them, or you're not looking close enough.

    These aren't "big value" mods, by themselves, but neither are any single one of the 80,000 apps for the iPhone. It's the cumulative value. And, I should add, that OP was stating that he now sees the value of HomeBrew that he pooh-poohed before. Are you really saying there's no value in the HomeBrew??
    Quoted since he claims he's got you on ignore.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by strudel View Post
    I'm guessing the OP is referring to the Flashlight! app that uses the camera's LED flash for the flashlight. Works MUCH better than a white screen with the brightness all the way up.
    No i was referring to LED notifications for a missed call or sms. I dont have the flashlight app
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    No i was referring to LED notifications for a missed call or sms. I dont have the flashlight app
    I think Studel didn't really mean "OP". There was a post:
    Quote Originally Posted by trick440 View Post
    I just through that 50% number out there but... Yes.
    ...
    In it, Trick440 referred to the Flashlight app. There are more than one. Mikah took issue with his inclusion of the Flashlight app, and others (including myself) were pointing out that he's probably talking about the one that uses the camera's flash.

    It was probably a wasted effort, Mikah's appears to have pretty much made up his mind that the Pre's a waste, so anything positive said is likely pointless.

    But, we'll press on, I'm sure
  4. #24  
    Just a quick question...just got my Pre Friday so still looking the homebrew arena...

    Are there any consequences to installing Preware when the next OS upgrade rolls out? do you have to do anything before upgrading...like uninstall tweeks or homebrew apps before upgrading? I understand that HB apps might be broken after an OS upgrade due to the beta nature of the HB world, but is this any reason not to jump in?

    Thanks...apologize for the threadjack...
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Quoted since he claims he's got you on ignore.
    I don't think you understand. I don't have him on my ignore list because I don't want to read his posts.

    I have him there because I don't want to interact with at all. I'd prefer to gradually forget he exists, actually. This is best for everyone in the long run.

    Last sentences I wanna type about this dude.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I actually like the Flashlight program that uses the camera's LED flash. Very bright, directed light.
    Of course you do
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoogleNerd View Post
    Just a quick question...just got my Pre Friday so still looking the homebrew arena...

    Are there any consequences to installing Preware when the next OS upgrade rolls out? do you have to do anything before upgrading...like uninstall tweeks or homebrew apps before upgrading? I understand that HB apps might be broken after an OS upgrade due to the beta nature of the HB world, but is this any reason not to jump in?

    Thanks...apologize for the threadjack...
    You should remove all tweaks and themes before upgrading, yes. There's a patch that will uninstall all others for you [the Emergency Path Recovery patch]. Themes can be uninstalled by going to Installed Packages in preware then clicking the name and uninstalling it.

    Apps do not need to be removed.

    Also, to the OP--what made you want to run Web OS Quick Install in Parallels? It's not a Windows program. It's Java. It works on anything.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by laelipoo View Post
    Also, to the OP--what made you want to run Web OS Quick Install in Parallels? It's not a Windows program. It's Java. It works on anything.
    i have mac os 10.4 which doesn't allow java to upgrade to 6. I would have had to buy 10.5 or higher. I have windows 7 on parallel which has java 6.
  9. #29  
    right there with ya, many thanks to all the homebrew app creators. really makes this a usable workable device for me. i was almost going to drink the kool aid and go iphone. know if only palm would lift or resize the app partition limits this would rule. so far that's where apple is leading the way....64 gb storage to be used how you want it.
  10. willsurg's Avatar
    Posts
    65 Posts
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    #30  
    i suggest getting an upgrade to your operating system. Leopard allows seamless syncronization through google of ical, and your address book and mail programs. Just as good or better than having an iphone with your mac. I'm not suggesting you do this, however the boards are filled with people who went and purchased snow leopard for the upgrade price of 30.00 with out having regular leopard and installing it on their computers.
  11. #31  
    I was iffy about that app too, but I can't tell you how handy it is! LOL. I've used it quite a few times already.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Daremo_23 View Post
    right there with ya, many thanks to all the homebrew app creators. really makes this a usable workable device for me. i was almost going to drink the kool aid and go iphone. know if only palm would lift or resize the app partition limits this would rule. so far that's where apple is leading the way....64 gb storage to be used how you want it.
    There's a homebrew app for that. It's called Fair Dinkum and you install it using Preware.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions