Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    So I was lighting some coals today with my Pre too close to it. Sure enough one of em sparked and evidently the spark was big enough to burn a small (1-2 millimeter hole) in the top layer of the screen. My roommate who was around recommended just getting a plastic screen for it and not worrying about it, but I wanted to see if anyone else had a recommendation. I have the sprint insurance, but I doubt that that'll make any difference if I take it in.

He also recommend using some valve oil (musicians, valve oil is a clear oil substance), just a drop if even, and then putting a screen protector on. Anybody have any luck with these sorts of pre repairs?

It's really a small spot, but I just really don't want anything like this to get at me anymore.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    That sucks!!! Got pics?
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aitikin View Post
    So I was lighting some coals today with my Pre too close to it. Sure enough one of em sparked and evidently the spark was big enough to burn a small (1-2 millimeter hole) in the top layer of the screen. My roommate who was around recommended just getting a plastic screen for it and not worrying about it, but I wanted to see if anyone else had a recommendation. I have the sprint insurance, but I doubt that that'll make any difference if I take it in.

He also recommend using some valve oil (musicians, valve oil is a clear oil substance), just a drop if even, and then putting a screen protector on. Anybody have any luck with these sorts of pre repairs?

It's really a small spot, but I just really don't want anything like this to get at me anymore.
    I would either live with it or get it replaced if you have TEP. I would stay away from the valve oil with screen protector simply because the oil may not stay just in that spot, and could end up seeping between the screen and protector, not to mention it may cause problems with touch accuracy. (don't know its capacitive properties)
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Well, it's small enough that I think I can live with it, I just need to get a decent screen protector for it and let it be. I've tried to see if it caused a hole in the touch effectiveness, but it doesn't seem it.