Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    so I just used google maps today, and its really good, just like on my previous winmo phone. The 1 qualm i have though is that why the screen keeps on turning off after 30 seconds. Is there a setting to actually keep the screen from not turning off when using google maps?

and wow the brain drains out really quickly... it drained out like 20% in less than 20 mins
    The screen turning off has nothing to do with Google Maps and everything to do with the screen setting you have selected. If you would like to delay the amount of time before the screen turns off go to the Screen & Lock settings and adjust it there.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Here is a nice little app that was created to help keep the screen on:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...oze-webos.html
    I think what OP is saying is that when google maps is on, the screen should stay on. Just like the option in the Sprint Navigation. It overrides the screen time out setting, and would be useful when using google maps for directions instead of sprint nav. Unfortunately there is no setting like that for google maps, at least not yet. I know on my old winmo phone, google maps would keep the screen on.... I would like for there to be an option for this too....
    Quote Originally Posted by supercluver View Post
    I think what OP is saying is that when google maps is on, the screen should stay on. Just like the option in the Sprint Navigation. It overrides the screen time out setting, and would be useful when using google maps for directions instead of sprint nav. Unfortunately there is no setting like that for google maps, at least not yet. I know on my old winmo phone, google maps would keep the screen on.... I would like for there to be an option for this too....
    +1
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    main feature I want to see is street view.
  7. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    It would be nice to have the OPTION to leave the screen on when googlemaps has focus. I wouldn't want it that way as a default.

xtn
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    aaah thank you supercluver... you got the question... Oh well thx then... I am on bell, so I don't have the luxury of sprint navigation, and supriisngly bell did not include theirs.

oh and another quick question: does anyone know how to create a new facebook event in the calendar directly from the pre... Currently it only lets me do google and palm
    I love Google Maps on the Pre, but Google maps on WinMo had more functionality. I liked being able to select a destination by clicking on the map, and being able to bring up a context menu anywhere on the map and getting directions to that point. May I assume Palm outlawed context menus or are they just missing from the SDK?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I love Google Maps on the Pre, but Google maps on WinMo had more functionality. I liked being able to select a destination by clicking on the map, and being able to bring up a context menu anywhere on the map and getting directions to that point. May I assume Palm outlawed context menus or are they just missing from the SDK?
    Google is simply using a limited HTML5 googlemaps setup.
    It has its benefits and negatives. So while updates to google maps will simply be pushed to anyone using this app (essentially its just a website btw, i forgot the exact URL it works off of) we ahve to give up some core/native functions of the Windows Mobile or Blackberry Google Maps.