Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This one just rolled in

Cool App!!

More Apps Please
    Yeah, I like it better than the Accuweather app.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    I like it more than the iPhone version!
    Yes, it's excellent. And free. Thanks Weather Channel!
    Grrr...and I paid for the Weather Bug one! Oh well, the Weather bug one has a few more bells and whistles and no advertising, but the zoom on it sucks. Why can't there be one perfect app? Weather bug is also missing any kind of tropical weather info, but it does have a severe weather notification which is nice no doubt.

I personally hate it having to use more than one app just to get complete weather info, so now I am stuck with using Weather Bug, Weather Channel, and the iphone version of Weather Underground for completeness sake.
    this is the best weather app, and such a good design. I recommend it for everyone! I'm glad big companies are getting apps out!
    I like it. The radar part is awesome. Not as "pretty" as Accuweather, but very nice.

Anyone figure out how to remove a location from the Recent list?
    The Radar is not full screen or as good as WxRad but it is much better than the Accuweather app.

- Craig
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    It is not as attractive as Accuweather but that's not enough to make me pass ultimately. What I do like about Accuweather is that I can get the current weather and forecast on the first screen. Having to request the 36-hour forecast is annoying. A better layout on the first screen could incorporate the 36-hour forecast easily.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    So, obviously like all apps, this new Weather Channel app doesn't seem to refresh automatically. How DO you refresh it? Anyone figure that out yet?
    I'm a news / weather *****.(it won't let me say the "W" word that sounds like an "H") Reading the above messages got me excited. Downloaded it, and I find it ok. Nothing to get all worked up for.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Grrr...and I paid for the Weather Bug one! Oh well, the Weather bug one has a few more bells and whistles and no advertising, but the zoom on it sucks. Why can't there be one perfect app? Weather bug is also missing any kind of tropical weather info, but it does have a severe weather notification which is nice no doubt.

I personally hate it having to use more than one app just to get complete weather info, so now I am stuck with using Weather Bug, Weather Channel, and the iphone version of Weather Underground for completeness sake.
    Wow, what do you folks do for a living, fly planes? (Actually, many of you might, so that's definitely a joke). For myself, I'm plenty happy just seeing the current and forecasted temp and precipitation predictions.

Of course, I do live in SoCal. Maybe when I lived in Chicago I might have felt differently, but I'm not sure.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vanityeverlastingbonet View Post
    why all the iphone hate from all other phone makers customers?
    I don't know why either, but it is pretty prevalent here.

But then again, my Iphone owning friends do the same toward other phones...

Me personally I like the variety of available smart phones. People should find the phone that fits their needs and enjoy it.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    So yeah...have any of you USED this app? Do you leave a card open for it? If so, how do you refresh the current temp because it doesn't seem to do this automatically for you.
    Iphone hate? Hmm.... he just said that he liked this version of the App better than the iPhone version, doesn't mean he dizzed the phone itself.
    I Love It Its Really Great App
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    can this thing not be switched to Celsius?
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    if you're not some Apple *****, there's no reason to like the iPhone
    this one seems great, is this any worse than the paid weather app?
    I downloaded it and I have to say it isn't that impressive. For one it is slow to load, the interface is nice but I hate the ads and there is too much wasted space being used by the Weather.com logo. We know it is your app but come on.

Second the radar is very slow to load and what is up with the directional arrows in the middle of the map image, I think at this point in the game we all know how to drag a map around and the zoom keys, it is a multi-touch display=pinch to zoom. All the virtual buttons just take up viewing real estate.

I do like the hour by hour forecast and the 10 day and 36 hour forecast, although a bit more detailed info would be nice. All in all it is a good start but I like bweather much better for its simplistic beautiful UI and its load and refresh rates (very fast). WXRAD is also a far superior radar app IMO.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast