Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    it's not nearly as good as this thread is making it out to be

most of the pro Pre comments on this board are gross exaggerations
    Last edited by dead78; 10/13/2009 at 01:40 PM. Reason: clarity
    Is this a Homebrew app or in the app catalog?????
    Great app but the huge banner up top makes it look like I have a small screen and there is to much scrolling. I have to disagree with most of you as I do thing that the Iphone and Android versions have a much nicer layout. Before all you start trashing me I do love my pre I'm just saying and its a personal preference. Also I have deleted Accuweather and I'm keeping this app eventhough Accuweather does look nicer.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    I like this weather app better than the Accuweather one and this one loads much faster for me than Accu. I also like the motion in the radar and options to zoom and move the radar. However, I can't find a way to delete a location from my list. I accidently hit the wrong city in a list. Guess it is pretty simple to just delete the app and load it new again.
    Last edited by rweiss; 10/13/2009 at 01:59 PM. Reason: corrected typo
    I like a physical keyboard more than a virtual keyboard.. I guess that makes me an iPhone hater. Oh well.. my dad owns one, it was fun to play with, and it works, but when a company makes a product that you buy, and doesn't like it when you use it the way you want to, and only wants you to use it their way, I say meh, my dollars will go elsewhere.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Now it has disappeared from the Preware catalog! I hope it is back soon.
    The Weather Channel app is not bad, but I still prefer to use the weather that comes bundled in that program called Where. It is just so much more convenient.
    If I help you out, why not "Thank" me? Or you can visit my site at http://outklaw.com
    Quote Originally Posted by vanityeverlastingbonet View Post
    well it was not just him but i see iphone mentioned in every other thread(& on other sites).Damn the Iphone done something right it has everybody jaded & everybody screaming
    IPHONE KILLER
    If you are King of the Hill, or Mr./ Mrs. Popular, you are always up for target practice, that's just the way the world works.

And don't feel bad for Apple, they are enjoying this! Besides, if everyone where to just hail to the all mighty iPhone and not bother coming up with something better, what would Apples incentive be to better their product?

The thing revolutionized the cell phone market, it sold big, so naturally, everyone wants to dethrone the king and fill their own pockets with tech geek and general consumer dollars.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    I wish it had multitouch zooming for the map
    The app is ok, but the headers with the logo takes up way too much screen real estate. I'm surprised Palm let this pass with Pixi coming up. This will look a lot worse in the cramped Pixi screen with 80 pixels less vertically.
    I like it a little better than the accuweather app, though it'd be cool if you could swipe across to see hourly forecasts like you can in accuweather.
    The app sucks plain and simple, stick with accuweather or bweather
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    Nah man....try the iphone version of Weather Underground. So much more detailed info, nicely formatted to fit the Pres screen perfectly. It's missing animated radar which is a shame.

Give it a whirl.

Weather Underground for iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Nah man....try the iphone version of Weather Underground. So much more detailed info, nicely formatted to fit the Pres screen perfectly. It's missing animated radar which is a shame.

Give it a whirl.

Weather Underground for iPhone
    That's not too bad. Works just fine on the Pre.
    If I help you out, why not "Thank" me? Or you can visit my site at http://outklaw.com
    I dont understand, Pre has a big screen, why the weather app only uses the bottom half????
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    why all the iphone hate from all other phone makers customers? I never had a Iphone but i played with one twice before.And seriously this palm pre can't hold a candle to it neither can no other phone for that matter.
    Still will not get the phone since it's with at&t.But the iphone hate need to stop esp considering the toys' r us hardware on this pre.
    Never said I hated the Iphone!!!! Had one for over 3 years! Only was saying I liked palm's version better!!!! Read things twice before commenting!!...
    I like the Accu app better
    I am noticing that to
    I find your avatar very pleasantly distracting....lol I always stop when I scroll through the list to admire it. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    That kind of input is only useful if those reading it take your word as gospel.

I like the Weather Channel app because of the radar. Here in SoCal, real weather is so infrequent that meteorologists tend to predict rain on the slightest chance, just to have something to talk about. So it's nice to get an independent view of a storm track.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    That kind of input is only useful if those reading it take your word as gospel.

I like the Weather Channel app because of the radar. Here in SoCal, real weather is so infrequent that meteorologists tend to predict rain on the slightest chance, just to have something to talk about. So it's nice to get an independent view of a storm track.
    i do not think the weather channel application is worth downloading. There are better options in the app catalog. It's poorly laid out, poor color scheme and it takes more effort to do things that are a default on both of the apps i mentioned earlier.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast