Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    As i said my pre got wet my dog decided it needed a bath an placed it in her water bowl LOL. I took all the steps to dry it out an it works good except the Volume up button nolonger works. Now my only problem is that i can not turn up my MUSIC volume. The system volume an the Ringtone volume is both set at max in sound settings but it looks to be that the only way you can turn up the Music Players sound is with the volume buttons. So i ask you all here an PreCentral is there an other way for me to adjust the Music Player Volume so that i can have my MP3 player back?
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Take the battery out immediately and cover it in a bowl of uncooked rice for 24 hours. Only then should you try and turn it on again and see what works.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Hey! Put it in a bag of rice and leave it in for a few hours! Hope this works for you!
    as a two time treo in the pool person. take the battery out, let it sit 24 hours on something warm not hot, and then in the submerged in the rice for at least 3 days.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    This i have done. what im sayin is the result of all this is that my Volume up button no longer works.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    You might not be able too get a refurbished one since it has water damage! If you have insurance just go that route!
    No offense but these threads always annoy me and they're always the same regardless of the phone.

Got it wet? Turn it off and let it try / try putting it in a bowl of rice.

Not working quite right? Get it replaced or attempt a self repair.

</thread>
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Well i was willing to live with the fact that my up volume button didnt work so long as i could find some way to change the sound through the WebOs. But instead just a few hours ago i went to a sprint service center with $100 to get a new phone under Insurance. But it must have been my lucky day cause the guy said to me O thats a Manufacturing defect heres a new phone So looks like i lucked out. LOL
    I got my Palm Pre Plus wet a while back and the same thing happened, luckily my phone was under warranty and I got it replaced. However, to answer your question about an available app, Check out the app Speaker Phone it should remedy the problem and it's a free app.
    You can get it here on PreCentral by just searching Speaker Phone, sorry I cant list a link cus I have too few posts.