Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nowise View Post
    Yes, my replacement Pre has a couple mm Oreo twist. It is annoying and makes it hard to use the power button with one hand. I am considering returning it here soon.
    Forgot to add - this is a big problem for me too. I have to hit the power button several times sometimes.
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    So I went to the link posted here to try and tighten the screws.

First of all - the screws aren't even in the same places as what the pics show. And on top of that, they aren't flat-head screws. They have a star-burst pattern. My little eyeglass screwdriver wouldn't work. And from my inspection, that isn't even related to the problem. The problem is in the slider. They didn't make it a tight enough fit. Like, when you open a drawer, and you can wiggle the drawer left to right a little - just like that. The rails that one piece (I think the back piece) slide on are too far apart and need to be closer together to hug the piece more. Does that make sense?

Any other suggestions besides the hot glue? I really don't want to trade my phone in AGAIN (and who knows if they'll even let me), but this kinda bugs me.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
    Quote Originally Posted by lolthisismyname View Post
    Yeah, mine has the oreo effect and it's been getting worse (again). It's not as bad as the first one (which also had dead pixels). It definitely ****es me off but I can deal with it in its current state. If it gets worse I'm going to make Sprint replace it again and hope I get a solid one this time.
    This time around the phone has not gotten worse. There's a slight amount of play, but it hasn't gotten worse. Looks like there are just some phones with problems. From what I've heard most people don't seem to have the oreo problem and the ones who do are (understandably) vocal about it.

If you're having this problem take the phone back and get another.
    Motorola Razr -> Palm Centro -> HTC Touch Pro2 -> Palm Pre -> Motorola Droid
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    I've had my pre about a month and have found that I have about 1-2 mm play in it when its closed. Twists to the right. I've never had a slider before so I'm really not sure how much play is normal. Can anyone give me a sense for that? What is considered normal and necessary for the mechanism?
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    mine was fixed by 1.3.1
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    i just came from the nokia n85 so i'm kinda used to a bit of wobble, although i am annoyed (as always) about it considering the money i spent.

my fiance's 150 buck samsung slider is tight as can be. it's really irritating that it slides perfectly with no wobble, while we spend hundreds on this thing and it's loosey goosey. oh well. i guess i only have to put up with it until the pre mk 2. but then, if every phone you get you just 'put up with' until the next, what's the point?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123