1.    #1  
    Hello everyone, as of 945 pm cst on 10-12-09 I am the proud owner of a palm pre!! Its damn awesome!! But one snag Ive run into so far.

At my home, I am running my three computers, and xbox360 of my netgear wireless router. when i turn on wifi on my pre, and try to connect to my router, it says connection failed. then it tells me that ip settings are set to automatic but under ip address its full of zeros.

ip address: 0.0.0.0
    subnet adress: 255.0.0.0

gateway: blank

dns server: blank

any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you,

Hector
    Is your home router set to static or DHCP mode? What kind of encryption are you running on you WiFi network?
    By chance - is your netgear wireless router configured to limit the number of devices that can be connected simultaneously? I had to up the limit I imposed on my Linksys to accommodate our PREs.
    ^ good point. Also make sure that, if running DHCP (which you likly are), that your DHCP address pool allows for at least 5 simultaneous leases.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    I had this problem the other night! Try and reset your router that should fix it.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by a1aone View Post
    I had this problem the other night! Try and reset your router that should fix it.
    +1 - I find as well that I have to reset my Netgear router to get new devices to connect to it.
  7.    #7  
    hey thanks alot u guys, damn fast response, was watching mnf and i checked my post and 4 members helping out! Thank you very much! I reset my netgear last night, after my daughter had finished with her laptop and the wifi picked up easily. Now before I can be completely at peace, two wireless devices should connect to the net at the same time?

Once again, thank you very much!
    Quote Originally Posted by aiksmithirvin View Post
    Now before I can be completely at peace, two wireless devices should connect to the net at the same time?
    2 wireless devices should be able to connect to the Internet at the same time? Yes.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    At home we regularly have up to 4 running wirelessly.

I just find that for some reason the router just doesn't allow new devices to connect. I powercycle it and I'm able to connect all the devices. It doesn't come up too often, but then the two computers that use it the most stay connected pretty much 24/7.
    Is there a way to set the manual setting for a connection before you connect? I have a Linksys 150N running DD-WRT on it. I live in an apartment building with a curious resident who has tried to hack my neighbor's router.

I have WPA2 personal encryption, static IP addresses, and the MAC address filter all set on the router side. When my pre tried to connect and I enter the password, it gets an authorization failed message. Afterwards I can't get into the manual set up for the specific connection to set up the IP address, etc. Any ideas?