1.    #1  
    First, Im not sure if this is in the right place and I know others here have been thanking them in the respective threads but I really wanted to go out of the way to extend a huge thanks. Heres why.

I have owned other Palm phones most recently a Centro and while it was a little outdated Palm knew how to make a phone. Sure the OS was outdated and the interfaces were showing its age against the newer competitors, but It had all of the bells, whistles, and features you could want or expect in a smart phone.

This summer I made the switch to the Pre and, while it looks sleek and up to date, and the OS is amazing, it was really lacking in the little details that Palm always seemed to include in its other phones. After getting used to the phone I found myself missing so many features like a Virtual Keyboard, being able to change sounds, change themes, and a suprising number of other things. I found myself souring on the phone. I kept thinking that the Pre is at first glance and use a really great little phone but it feels unfinished. I found myself looking at other phones. That all changed today.

While im not very tech savvy I was definitley scared for months now to go homebrew. However finally I decided to download webOS quick install and Preware and I can say that it completely changed my perceptions of my Pre and the enjoyment I get out of the device. I was able to fix 90% of the issues I felt the phone was lacking and today I could not be happier with my phone!

So today I want to thank the developers and people behind quick install, preware, and the people behind the other 50 some tweeks and apps that I have just installed. You guys rock! Thank you so much!

M
    Last edited by cirquedaddy; 10/12/2009 at 10:02 PM.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    amen to that brotha
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    As a recent convert to homebrews and tweaks, I definitely second that!!
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Could not agree more, just amazing work and it is much appreciated by many people on these boards. thanks to all!!!!!
    We are lucky to have homebrew developers as dedicated and talented as the ones we have. Big thanks to them!
    Dev's, feel the love!

Thank you!!!
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Another HUGE thanks here!

Otherwise i would not love my Pre the way i do.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I agree completely. I really am impressed by the developers of the above mentioned as well as Preload. Also all of the theme, patch and app writers. Thank you all.
    dont be scared of technology everyone... nothing a trip to the doctor wont fix right?
    A big thanks! open source is the shizznit! you guys have made a great phone freaking awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Need to throw my thanks into the ring as well. When my wife and I got our phone replaced the first thing she said is "we need to get filecoaster and preware on here now!"
    Agreed. The developers here are doing some amazing things and being very generous with their time and patience.
    I love my pre but have been a bit reluctant to try the preware. I am not very techy. I have thought of trying the hero. What discourages me the most, aside from all the old pm gems we had, is the calendar. It is just so slow compared to my centro. I know someday datebk my come for webos. I tried classic, but it is not full screen. Are any of the preware tweaks able to improve the calendar? Any good substitutes for memos or tasks that actually sync? Thanks for your advice. I really want to keep my pre.
    Thank you! You guys are great.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by rcyphermd View Post
    I love my pre but have been a bit reluctant to try the preware. I am not very techy. I have thought of trying the hero. What discourages me the most, aside from all the old pm gems we had, is the calendar. It is just so slow compared to my centro. I know someday datebk my come for webos. I tried classic, but it is not full screen. Are any of the preware tweaks able to improve the calendar? Any good substitutes for memos or tasks that actually sync? Thanks for your advice. I really want to keep my pre.
    I, Like you, was very reluctant to try Preware and WebOS Quick Install. Im not techy at all and I am sure glad I did. With all of the patches and homebrew apps on my phone it is really a different phone. I would rate it a 9 out of 10 now whereas before I would have only given it a 5. Try it you will be amazed!

Start with WebOS Quick Install official thread and follow the instructions. A few posts down in the thread someone posted some installation instructions in PDF and they are simple and clear. Once you do that you can download Preware from Quick Install and downloading patches and apps is a breeze. I cant believe it is so simple and risk free.

Feel Free to PM me if you have anymore questions or problems.
    Indeed the tweaks are crazy useful.
    Thanks.
    A SINCERE thank you from me as well! Without you devs, this might have been a truly different experience!

THANKS

What we do in life echoes in eternity.....

"Four things come not back:
    the spoken word,
    the sped arrow,
    the past life,
    the neglected opportunity."
    Thank you for the professional excellence so many have attained.
    bpcsatx
    San Antonio, Texas
    +1
    +100, I'm amazed almost everyday at the things these guys come up with and the time frame they do it in. It was only a week or so of people getting the out of memory error and now there's a patch to fix it!!

I have donated a few bucks here and there cause I know these guys are working super hard!!