1.    #1  
    so im getting another pre tomorrow ive installed patches and homebrew apps on my pre and tweaks and what not, should i delete everything before i return the phone and get a new one? or is it ok? will they not want to exchange my phone becuz of the patches and extra stuff i have on there? Main reason for returning it is becuz my gf dropped it and there was a lot of scratches on the back and the slider wobbles a bit too, but i have insurance so ill just a get a new one, just wondering if i should delete everything before i go pick it up tomorrow thnx guys
    u should clean your phone starting with all the patches !!!
  3.    #3  
    will do, just wondering why? and what about homebrew apps?
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Running the doctor is relatively quick and painless. It would ensure nothing personal gets left behind. Even if it might not be a problem, why take the risk?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenx View Post
    Running the doctor is relatively quick and painless. It would ensure nothing personal gets left behind. Even if it might not be a problem, why take the risk?
    +1 i think the same .. if u returning u dont need anymore the homebrew apps or patches just clean your phone and return it!
  6.    #6  
    true...will do guys thnx for the advise
  7.    #8  
    true...will do guys thnx for the advise
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    For sure clear it.... when I brought mine in cause it was shutting of sometimes when I would close or open my pre... all they did was try and blame it on the patches. I had to call sprint to get them to give me a new one.
    Ummm IF you are using the insurance and paying the 100 bucks to replace it anyway, why would you return it? Just say its lost, get the new one, and transfer service to the new one and keep the old one for "parts" or to play with?
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Ummm IF you are using the insurance and paying the 100 bucks to replace it anyway, why would you return it? Just say its lost, get the new one, and transfer service to the new one and keep the old one for "parts" or to play with?
    Lol, yea I've done that before. I'm actually getting my replacement Pre on Wednesday and will also run the Web Doctor before turning it in. I would've kept my old Pre, but since it's a free replacement thanks to the insurance, you have to trade it in. It's always a good idea to wipe off as much personal info as possible.

"We all follow the Chelsea!!!"
    If you are using the insurance how is it a free replacement? I always thought if you use the insurance, you have to pay the $100 deductable?

I did that with a Centro, that got run over by a taxi cab on a biz trip to NYC. At that time it was just $75, and I said it was run over and destroyed and I could not recover it.

I paid the bucks, got a new one, and kept the old one for an extra battery charger. The screen was shattered but it did still let me charge the battery.