1.    #1  
    Need some expert advice here.

I use a microfiber cloth for cleaning my Pre's screen and it works great for removing fingerprints and those kinds of smudges.

But what about those marks that are tougher to get off?

Would it be OK to use an eye-glasses cleaning wipe that contains water and isopropyl alcohol on it? The wipe does have a warning to not use it on "plasma screens." But what about touch screens?

Any other ideas for what to use for a "wet cloth"? Just water? Windex?

Thanks for the help, guys and gals!
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    I use eye glass cleaner spray with my micro fiber cloth. I've had no issues with that combination.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripcode View Post
    I use eye glass cleaner spray with my micro fiber cloth. I've had no issues with that combination.
    thanks

anyone else?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    don't use windex. a bestbuy employee told me that this was okay, but another told me not to listen to him since the chemicals are too strong for the screen. i would just use soapy water.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I've used glass cleaner sprayed onto the microfiber cloth (very small amount) and it worked ok, but honestly you should consider one of the clear plastic screen shields. They are the best! I got one that offered the front only as I am planning on getting the touchstone and back cover, and it is awesome. No more worrying about scratches (you'd have to take a knife to the thing to get through it) and you can just wipe smudges off with your shirt. If you apply it right you can't even tell it's there.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Without using a cover you can't beat the good old trusty mild soap and water. Just be careful of the cloth material (i.e. cheap kitchen towel is probably a big no no).
  7.    #7  
    so the alcohol in the eye-glass cleaner shouldn't damage the touchscreen, correct?
    only use products specifically for pre cleaning

Quote Originally Posted by matty3054 View Post
    thanks

anyone else?
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I just use my spit and wipe it with my shirt.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I have the Seidio screen protector on my Pre, and I've been using the Bausch & Lomb "Sight Savers" cleaning tissues, with or without the protector. They do a decent job, and if you wear eyeglasses also, you're cookin'.

Sometimes you'll need 2 for a tough job, let's say, if you've been using your Pre to read about WinMob devices...

Got 'em at BJ's Wholesale (don't get the house brand).

HTH,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 90awdsm View Post
    I just use my spit and wipe it with my shirt.
    This actually DOES work in a pinch... LOL

-JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  12. TJB
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    I use rubbing alcohol, no problems. Plus no H1N1
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TJB View Post
    I use rubbing alcohol, no problems. Plus no H1N1
    lol

I do the same thing
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    lick the screen & rub it on your t-shirt...

or use water and a napkin...