1.    #1  
    Long story short, and I'm only posting in case this experience helps someone else.

Got my Pre Late August w/ v1.0.3 on it. Updated to v1.1.0, used QI to install apps, tweaks, theme, all was great. Removed all when v1.2.0/1.2.1 came out, now heres where it gets weird. MyTether stopped working (no surprise there), used QI to re apply tweaks, theme and apps I had before and my email stopped working (no folders displayed) and messaging (message notification empty). I removed everything I did and no luck. So, I backed up all my personal (USB Drive) data, used WebOSDoctor (d/l from Sprint) which worked flawlessly restoring my phone to v1.2.0. which updated to v1.2.1 nicely. All my contacts, and a few apps were restored via Palm Profile. Re-applied theme, apps, tweaks no problem. Email and messaging restored to normal. Now, for the surprise i didn't expect, it runs WAY SMOOTHER and FASTER post WebOSDoctor restoration.

I don't know if this matters to anyone, but maybe it will help someone.

Lovin' the Pre'....

Only true complaint....oreo effect, fingerprint collector.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    can you show me exactly how do you install the homebrew apps successfully? I tried maybe more than 10 times and everytime it showed "no device found" I have looked in the Youtube for instructions to no avail. It always showed "no device found" What is the right way to get it done? If you could me show the way you did from step 1 to get it installed. I will thank you from the bottom of my heart! Please help. My phone is a Preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnflo88 View Post
    can you show me exactly how do you install the homebrew apps successfully? I tried maybe more than 10 times and everytime it showed "no device found" I have looked in the Youtube for instructions to no avail. It always showed "no device found" What is the right way to get it done? If you could me show the way you did from step 1 to get it installed. I will thank you from the bottom of my heart! Please help. My phone is a Preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
    Start here;
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-7-beyond.html

for problems;
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...nstall-30.html

i had this same issue when i attempted to install....2 things worked for me...put phone in dev mode...if on turn off/reboot,if off turn on/reboot..updates mess with this switch and it may appear on but its not really on...

this is the one i believe helped me the most....goto your device management tab(my computer/right click/properties) if you see a yellow exclaimation mark next to novacom driver..select update driver...

all this of course is on winxp/vista
    Last edited by Wendellp; 10/12/2009 at 02:07 AM.
  4.    #4  
    I had not problem installing apps. Put the phone in Dev Mode, attach as "USB Drive" and viola using WebOSQuickInstall.
    Everytime i try to put tweaks on my phone i...

Click on Tools - Tweaks

Tweak 1a.JPG

then i get

Tweak 1.JPG

I hit ok then i get

Tweak 2.JPG

next comes the ERROR message

Tweak 3.JPG

So i hit ok again then and it give me an installed message (But it isn't)

Tweak 4.JPG

after that another ERROR notice come ups

Tweak 5.JPG

then finally it give me

Tweak 6.JPG

afterward i check my phone to see if the tweaks work NOPE! Please help...
    I figured it out by myself lol but just in case someone does have problems with tweaks...

Tweak Fix.JPG

After you're done you can click on tweaks and it work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicman3000 View Post
    I figured it out by myself lol but just in case someone does have problems with tweaks...

Tweak Fix.JPG

After you're done you can click on tweaks and it work.
    ughhh, i am getting the same errors as you. i then looked at your pic you posted and followed those instructions but i'm still getting the same original errors. i see in your pic that a "step 4" is missing. but it looked to me like you just numbered them wrong.

Any help?
    Quote Originally Posted by smashclash View Post
    ughhh, i am getting the same errors as you. i then looked at your pic you posted and followed those instructions but i'm still getting the same original errors. i see in your pic that a "step 4" is missing. but it looked to me like you just numbered them wrong.

Any help?
    Ugh ... I'm having the same problem. I'm using QI 2.72 and still no joy. Did you
    get any help smashclash? I got the ipk's into QI, and even then when it went to install I got the error, and tweaks never worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naruto-Fiend View Post
    Ugh ... I'm having the same problem. I'm using QI 2.72 and still no joy. Did you
    get any help smashclash? I got the ipk's into QI, and even then when it went to install I got the error, and tweaks never worked.
    Hey I found it!! You need to download "package manger service" from the
    WebOS-Internals Feed (all) tab *first*. So click on the third button on the
    right and it will bring you to PreCentral App Gallery Feed. Click the down arrow and choose WebOS-Internals Feed (all). And then choose package manager service. Click close and the .ipk should show up in OI and press install. When
    it's done goto tools and then click Tweaks. QI will then load the patches
    correctly and the tweaks will become available.

Hope this works for you too.