Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    I can't understand why a phone as advanced as the Pre can't do animated msgs. My old nextel phones where even able to recevie and play animated messages.
    Really annoying and I hope it gets addressed in the future.
    I too find it odd that animated GIFs don't play w/ the Pre. Weird.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    The pre cant send videos r u serious? Wow
    Quote Originally Posted by bipoler View Post
    The pre cant send videos r u serious? Wow
    No one said anything about videos; but since you bring it up, no, it can't send them -- at least not without applying a patch first.

Animated GIFs don't go either, but personally I can't say I'm surprised about that. *shrugs*
    Animated GIFs seem a bit 1997 to me. Who is sending these things via a TXT?
    yeah if I had someone sending me gif files I'd certainly stop talking to them. How useless of a feature is that? I'm guessing the same people who send gif files also want the txt forwarding option so they can PASS IT ON 20X AND THEIR LOVER WILL SOON APPEAR AT MIDNIGHT.
    If you copy the image to your photos, and then view it from there, wouldn't it be animated? I could've sworn the Pre supported animated GIFs in some way.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by billybennett View Post
    yeah if i had someone sending me gif files i'd certainly stop talking to them. How useless of a feature is that? I'm guessing the same people who send gif files also want the txt forwarding option so they can pass it on 20x and their lover will soon appear at midnight.
    lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by billybennett View Post
    yeah if I had someone sending me gif files I'd certainly stop talking to them. How useless of a feature is that? I'm guessing the same people who send gif files also want the txt forwarding option so they can PASS IT ON 20X AND THEIR LOVER WILL SOON APPEAR AT MIDNIGHT.
    Now thats funny. I tried to get my Pre to do the dishes the other night and it wouldn't do that either. Come on palm, a smartphone that can't do the dishes.....get with the program already.
    With nation wide 3G networks and affordable data plans, smart phones aren't just for power/business users anymore. Once the teenagers move in then we have users looking for things like animated GIF support in the TXT application.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Personally, I have a few gifs that come in for various reasons. This does not mean I am a teenager, having support for something so "1997" shouldn't be hard then.
    think of a valid use for animated gif in a text message.
    Quote Originally Posted by vanityeverlastingbonet View Post
    I actually like gif images since i have them of myself on the internet.
    Huh?
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    But if you send them to someone that can't view them, there really is no point. Al they will see are series of period, slash, semi colon etc..