Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I bought the Pre a week or two after release and Sprint messed up and didn't give me the protection, they added premium TV to my bill and by the time I figured it out I was S.O.L.... now the power button is not working, is that covered under warranty? The phone is really in perfect condition I have never dropped it or had any other issues except for a SLIGHT case of Oreo Syndrome... what can be done?
    Should be under warranty. I would also get the warranty after repair/replacement. Then again the price seems to be dropping like a stone...lol
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Yeah I was supposed to have it on my bill but 2 months after I checked the bill (my company pays for it every month) I noticed that the salesman messed up, I will certainly get it when I go to return this... Will they give me a new one at the Sprint store or will I have to go through PALM?
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    I think sprint is doing in store replacements under palms warranty so they should be able to take care of it at the store
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Then I am off to Sprint tomorrow morning... I will be sure to take off my Touchstone back, my Invisible Shield and my extended battery. make it look all factory fresh.
    I didn't have a warranty when my phone broke, and they charge me only $36 or so for a new phone, because they "didn't know if I had heard them wrong about the warranty." Good luck!
    It's a one year warranty from Palm that Sprint honors. What's this you don't have a warranty? Every Pre owner out there has one. Covers defects or anything not caused by the user.

Now if you're talking about insurance, that's something different.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    It's a one year warranty from Palm that Sprint honors. What's this you don't have a warranty? Every Pre owner out there has one. Covers defects or anything not caused by the user.

Now if you're talking about insurance, that's something different.
    I think the OP might mean insurance.

To the OP: Have you used the premium tv service? I'm not sure if its possible, but if Sprint can see your premium tv usage and see its at 0 (assuming you don't use it), you could probably say "hey, I was supposed to get signed up for insurance but got premium tv instead" and they'd change it.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    I had the same power button issue. They said it is covered and I am getting a "new" one on Tuesday this week. I'm guessing new means refurbished, since if it really was a new one, wouldn't they just take it off the shelf?
    Just replaced my opening day Pre due to the power button. It was about 10 days ago and I went to a Sprint store with repair/center or whatever it's called. I do have insurance but they never even asked. The rep just looked at it and said we will have a refurb. overnighted. Had mine the next morning. It was quite slick, they sent a text to say it had arrived. Props to Sprint customer service, they have stepped it up big time at my location.

P.S. refurb seems to be perfect. No oreo or dead pixels.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    So they won't just replace it on the spot? I do all my business off the phone, what am I to do without it?

And yes by protection I meant 'Insurance', and I understand that Manufacture defects are covered, but that is such a gamble 99.999% of the time it really worried me.
    If Sprint does nothing, contact Palm.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eizenga13 View Post
    So they won't just replace it on the spot? I do all my business off the phone, what am I to do without it?

And yes by protection I meant 'Insurance', and I understand that Manufacture defects are covered, but that is such a gamble 99.999% of the time it really worried me.
    Sprint probably isn't able to repair the phone themselves. I would guess they get shipped a refurbished. I can still use the phone fine (just slide keyboard to turn on screen) until I get my replacement on Tuesday.
    mine just seems to have stopped working too. it's like the button is stuck down but not in a way it keep the phone on. i just really have to jam it in with my fingernail to get it on/off. today won't work with the phillies on but i'll go there tomorrow.
    My first pre had a broken power button, so I took it in and they had me a refurb in two days. now the refurb is starting to get stuck in the down position now also
    I took mine in for the same issue. I don't have the insurance and they told me it would be $120 to replace through sprint. He said I should call Palm and they'd replace it under the 1 year warranty, but I'd have to send it in and have no phone for 5 days.

For now, I just pulled the button off (very easy with the battery cover off), put a very small wadded up piece of paper inside under the plastic button, and put it back in. Works like new now until I figure out what I'm going to do with it.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    same issue with mine the power button, Sprint is getting me a referb, will have it wed, sucks but what are you gonna do.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Picked up my refurb for this issue tonight. It was rather painless, I don't know if it was because I have the insurance that they did it. I would think this was under the manufacturer warranty though.

Also, looked at the HTC Hero. Oh my is that nice.