1.    #1  
    just headed in to the bathroom and went to set my phone on the counter.. it slipped out of my hand and fell right into my wifes face wax that she just got done using..what a mess! all over the back and the top curved part of it,earphone jack, camera lens,viberate toggle switch, power button.OMG... i wanted to throw it on the floor and damage it bad to take it to sprint tomarrow, but how would i explain the wax.. right now i have taken the battery out and i have it in the freezer...thats what google said...ha ha I will keep ya posted..should i be mad at my wife???lol
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pdog197804 View Post
    just headed in to the bathroom and went to set my phone on the counter.. it slipped out of my hand and fell right into my wifes face wax that she just got done using..what a mess! all over the back and the top curved part of it,earphone jack, camera lens,viberate toggle switch, power button.OMG... i wanted to throw it on the floor and damage it bad to take it to sprint tomarrow, but how would i explain the wax.. right now i have taken the battery out and i have it in the freezer...thats what google said...ha ha I will keep ya posted..should i be mad at my wife???lol
    Not sure why you would want to "damage it bad" when you'd still have to do the same thing anyway, get an insurance replacement.....

The best way to get wax off of any surface is to go over it lightly with a hair dryer (not to the point of it melting, just to soften it) and then wipe it away with paper towel or cloth.
    if you have a touchstone then put the Phone on that Upside down and open a few Apps that will stay connected and running. The heat might be enough to melt the wax out. Most Wax is not conductive so sorting things out should not be a concern.

I put a touch of Wax on my Rails as it's a great lubricant that's non conductive. It works great on Zippers as well
    Dont be mad at your wife. She will turn it around and get mad at you for dropping your phone in her wax. lol!
    Pics or it didn't happen.
    I have tried the cold before on electronics in a service dept. I can work. the wax will just crack off. Then for any remaining try the hair dryer. Just try not to heat the phone to much. You could damage the chips, plastic and the screen could distort. One last thing do NOT put the battery pack in or use any kind of heat until it has time to come to room temp. If anything like a chip is frozen and you instantly heat it you could kill it.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    SOOOO.... hot wax.. eh?! I am sure some crazy sexual ritual was about to commence, however you should not have your phone in this situation, it can make the ladies angry! Good luck getting that fixed... I am in a power button issue myself!
    are you going to win a iphone 3gs too? lol
  9.    #9  
    OK.... update.. my pre is saved!!! after putting it in the freezer for a while i took it out and had my wife start chipping away at it with her nails..most of it cracked right off, i had to use a credit card for some of it and the little bit that was left came off with the blow dryer!! what a mess.. sorry no pics, that was the last thing on my mind.. i was in freak out mode!
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pdog197804 View Post
    C'mon, admit it. You were getting a bikini wax.
    i dropped my first pre like 15 times till it broke, then I put a skin on it and the touchstone back. Ihave had this one for a month and not dropped it at all.
    The touchstone back and the skin make it so much less slippery.

I actually hate the skin but need to find something better. [invisashield]
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen.
    Bell Pre- running 2.1 @ 800MHz
    Samsung Galaxy Tab (stock)
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Haha, nice! Glad you got it all off.
    A PRE candle
    Good to see that the pre is pretty tough, I have dropped mine several times with no damage.