1.    #1  
    Ok, so I'm BEYOND over my Pre. I got one the day it came out and needed a new one a month later. Now I hate this second one as much.

PROBLEMS--please tell me if you know how to solve because Sprint is no help!

1. When going to answer a call, I drag up and it freezes. Phone keeps ringing and it won't let me answer.
    2. When I go to end a call, I have to press the end button MULTIPLE times and many times I have to rely on the other caller to hang up (which is a problem when on the phone with a landline)
    3. Countless times I'll call someone and it will ring several times and then say "This call cannot be completed at this time." I have full service and so do they--it's not their phone, it's mine because this happens with several people.
    4. I don't receive all text messages.
    5. Many people don't hear me when I pick up the phone.

That's all I can think of for now...I hate this phone. I want to get the Blackberry Tour but knowing Sprint they won't do anything for me even though I have had 5 phone lines with them for over 8 years!! And we always keep our phones for at least 2 years...oh, Sprint. Maybe one day your customer service will rise to the level of "subpar".
    I for one, have had great luck with sprint CS lately. That is, when Im not an insufferable ***** from the moment the call begins. I'd bet they will swap you to a tour, it will save them money in the long run anyhow, if it better suits your usage.

I personally have not experienced the inability to answer a call. Only a handful of times did the phone lag significantly enough to miss one call.

Ending a call can be an excersize in frustration. I use a BT headset more often these days, ant its far easier to end a call. I would always tap end, assume it didnt, tap it again, and would basically redial, and have to end again. The only good way to end for me is to swipe the dialer off the top of the screen. This isnt all that great tho.

Ive had it happen where a call could not be connected at that time. Its annoying, and I think is related to the load placed on whatever antenna your phone is trying to connect to. Ive only ever had this problem during the middle of the day, never at 'off' times, which is about the only time I use my phone much. Ive only experienced this twice though, and Ive had a pre since launch day.

Ive never missed a text, or gotten one overly late. The exception of course is when I have no service, but I typically get those messages as soon as Im back in-network.

At one point I had my microphone die, and no one could hear me. Yours might have some intermittent problem?

Where abouts are you located? Ever experience any of this with sprint in the past?

Out of curiosity, what was wrong with your first Pre?
    1st off I for 1 have never had any of these problems. 2nd sprints customer has far surpassed subpar, in fact JD power just ranked them 2nd in a tie with Verizon and one of the only companies actually improving and by leaps and bounds. It sounds to me like you may be in a low signal area OR you may have a faulty Pre. Have you updated your phone? You should take your phone to a service and repair center, it sounds like these problems will be easily reproduced. Also a bit of advice when dealing with customer service, BE NICE!! You will get nowhere being a jerk.
    I have had some of those problems but not just with my Pre. I have had them with all of my Sprint phones albeit I have crappy signal at home where most of the problems lie (even with the stupid Airave). I am not sure a BlackBerry will help but the best way to deal with Sprint is to call retentions first and be very calm.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by phreakish View Post
    I for one, have had great luck with sprint CS lately. That is, when Im not an insufferable ***** from the moment the call begins. I'd bet they will swap you to a tour, it will save them money in the long run anyhow, if it better suits your usage.

I personally have not experienced the inability to answer a call. Only a handful of times did the phone lag significantly enough to miss one call.

Ending a call can be an excersize in frustration. I use a BT headset more often these days, ant its far easier to end a call. I would always tap end, assume it didnt, tap it again, and would basically redial, and have to end again. The only good way to end for me is to swipe the dialer off the top of the screen. This isnt all that great tho.

Ive had it happen where a call could not be connected at that time. Its annoying, and I think is related to the load placed on whatever antenna your phone is trying to connect to. Ive only ever had this problem during the middle of the day, never at 'off' times, which is about the only time I use my phone much. Ive only experienced this twice though, and Ive had a pre since launch day.

Ive never missed a text, or gotten one overly late. The exception of course is when I have no service, but I typically get those messages as soon as Im back in-network.

At one point I had my microphone die, and no one could hear me. Yours might have some intermittent problem?

Where abouts are you located? Ever experience any of this with sprint in the past?

Out of curiosity, what was wrong with your first Pre?
    I live in NYC--shouldn't have a problem with service!

The battery on my first Pre was AWFUL!!! I would uncharge it at 9am...it would be DEAD by 5pm. And that was with me not using it at all during the day because I was at work.

I've never in the past had a problem with Sprint phones...at least not to this extent. Do you by any chance know people's reactions about the Tour before I just hassle Sprint to give me one and then that's just as bad for me? Thanks!!
    Hi, veryfrustrated...there is actually a Sprint thread on here...You can possibly talk to some Sprint representatives. Maybe they have some answers for you before you switch totally over..I have problems with my phone alot of the times. It freezes up and I can't answer it ot hang it up. I found out on my own it's the USB port. I have to often stick something in it..even the cord and jiggle it a little bit.It's aggravating but it unfreezes the phone..check out the Sprint thread first..maybe they can hook you up with some more info.
    Ha ha, I am on my first Pre that I bought the day of the launch.... on my 6th Tour on another line. The Tour has been a horror, either the track ball gets stuck or the OS freezes. Sprint Repair, as of last month, still had not been taught to repair the Tour at the repair centers.

The Pre really is a much better phone. Exchange for another Pre, sounds like you got a bad one. We have two at my house and no problems at all.