Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello -- I have a Pre running Firmware CC1.1(90) flashed to Cricket. I accidentally clicked on the Update button and it started downloading the newest firmware. I am dodging the update everytime I charge the phone - question is should this upgrade be ran on my phone, will it erase the settings made on it that allows it to connect to Cricket (meaning will it default all settings back to Sprint - ie PRL, etc)

Thanks!
    michael [TX76Mike]
    BB Tour (Verizon) ∙ 16GB iPhone 3GS (AT&T) ∙ Palm Pre (Cricket)
    Follow me on twitter
    The PRL has its own update button, so I doubt the update on the firmware will change your settings. That said, I would check Howard forums for the answer to this. I have not seen many, if any, Cricket users here so a firm answer will be hard to come by.

BTW how does the Pre run on Cricket, what apps do not work and what ones do?
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Blocking Updates - WebOS Internals try this tweek to block updates...it works
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the quick reply :-) I will check HOFO for more info. I had the same thought that PRL would be totally separate, but didnt want to take a chance.

I still have yet to get the Pre working on data. Should get that done tomorrow and will let you know if it works good. For now, I am only able to use voice and text (no MMS).

Quote Originally Posted by scott091981 View Post
    The PRL has its own update button, so I doubt the update on the firmware will change your settings. That said, I would check Howard forums for the answer to this. I have not seen many, if any, Cricket users here so a firm answer will be hard to come by.

BTW how does the Pre run on Cricket, what apps do not work and what ones do?
    michael [TX76Mike]
    Follow me on twitter
  5.    #5  
    Thanks as well for the quick reply! I may try seeing what the update will bring, and if it messes things up, I will most definitely block updates going forward :-)

Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    Blocking Updates - WebOS Internals try this tweek to block updates...it works
    michael [TX76Mike]
    Follow me on twitter
  6.    #6  
    UPDATE: The webOS update didnt mess up any of the phone settings. Everything still works fine :-)

On another note -- I can't seem to get the internet to work on it :-( Have all the settings correct and the phone is provisioned to web access on Cricket. What am I missing? Does having 1.2.1 have something to do with it? (BTW it didnt work on 1.1.9 anyways)
    michael [TX76Mike]
    Follow me on twitter
    What guide were you using to get the proper settings?
  8.    #8  
    I read on quite a few threads since I never did find a single 'guide'... provided u have rooted the phone already and have the tools (I used QPST) the steps on howard forums and mobile files have the settings you'll need.

Quote Originally Posted by scott091981 View Post
    What guide were you using to get the proper settings?
    michael [TX76Mike]
    Follow me on twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by TX76Mike View Post
    UPDATE: The webOS update didnt mess up any of the phone settings. Everything still works fine :-)

On another note -- I can't seem to get the internet to work on it :-( Have all the settings correct and the phone is provisioned to web access on Cricket. What am I missing? Does having 1.2.1 have something to do with it? (BTW it didnt work on 1.1.9 anyways)
    When i did my 1.2.1 update my pre wasnt effected at all (service wise). But i had to hard reset the phone which sent it back to the WEB OS 1.0.4 or something like that. Now that i just updated it to 1.2.1 the radio does not function. I know the flash is still there but i cant make or recieve phone calls. Does anyone know how to fix it?
    I need help im on webOS 1.0.3 flashed to cricket and i want to know if its safe to upgrade to 1.2.0. or 1.2.1 still keeping the flash
    and also how do i get the internet workking on cricket???
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    What guides did you use to flash the pre? Does this work on other cdma phones because I have a phone that I want to flash to sprint. Any links to these guides would be greatly appreciated.
    I actually have a pre flashed to cricket, even after i run web os doctor, the flash still remains, even though i have to take it back and get the activation screen bypassed again which reverts me back to web OS 1.0.4 . The only thing that happens is that the phone losses programming but can be gained after dialing "*22807". That is all you need to do after updates. I have one problem with 1.3.1 though, when i updated it from 1.0.4 i had a glitch where the screen would turn on by itself like 3x's minute. Does anyone have a solution for this?
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Can Anyone tell me exactly to flash my pre to cricket....? All i have heard is that you can only use sms/calls/ etc no internet... Can anyone Help me out to get it all... what firmware should it be on etc etc... any web links etc would be appreciated... We are all here to help e/o out right.???
    NO it is not safe to upgrade to 1.3.5 anyway. Brought the entire phone back to sprint.
    I have a pre that has been flashed to Cricket,I however am not receiving any incoming calls and txt messages.I can place calls perfect and also send txts.The only way i can receive my messages or vms is if i place any out going call then it they pop up in my notifications box.My web works fine,i even get the app store but no incoming call.Can anyone help please.
    I would love to see some updates from users with Cricket. I have seen so many conflicting posts. If I upgrade, I will revert back to Sprint... It does retain Cricket settings, but I have to *228 after the update...

Also, no reports on the internet/MMS. If I feel brave and want to risk spending money again to reflash, I might try myself, but would love some more reports from those who have updated already. 1.4 is knocking on the door, and I really want video recording, flash, and the ability to play some of the new games taht have been released!
    any word about making the pre to work webos 1.4 with cricket?
    I am curious about something. When you guys say the data won't work you are only referring to the accessing the data through the network correct? The wifi still works right?
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    id like some help pretty please.
    id like to update my pre form webos 1.3 to 1.4 but dont know how....
    its flashed to cricket with data working (except mms which id like to be working).
    i try hitting the update app nothing, just keeps checking for updates....i left for like 30min and didnt do anything but "check"
    no option about updating like the first poster has.

how do i update?

id like to solve this mystery on what happens if i update on cricket....plus i need the video camera!
    I use to have my palm pre flashed to cricket on the 1.4 updaye, all I did was let it update on its own since I just started installing by itself, then after that it updated and said phone offline, then I just restarted and it worked. Then I tried to update it again to 1.4.1 that's when it reverted to sprint and I didn't know about the *228 thing. So it will probably work if I would have tried but I didn't know about it....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast