Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Was wondering if anyone else has noticed weaker reception with Pre? I had an Instinct before the Pre and notice the reception seems to be weaker in areas I know I had good reception before. I get a lot of dropped calls now because of signal loss. Still love the Pre
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    terrible call quality. that treocentral forum is awesome. I posted under dynamojon.
    No problem here what-so-ever. Its not quite as strong as my treo 650 was, but definitely way better then my wife's Rumor or Rant ever has been.
    ive not been anywhere near as happy with it as my treo 700p - reception, call quality, signal strength - its not bad, but its not as great as my treo - i just wish my treo could do all the cool things my pre does hehe
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    my treo650 was good on signal...lol had an antenna
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    i would like the slightly protruding antenna like the 700 had to come back. i think it helped reception a lot.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    My house sits in a valley. I often lose signal entirely. Fortunately, 90% of what I do at home uses my wifi, so I'm still okay. Wandering around town, though, my Pre is fine for reception, and I listen to Pandora all day at work without an issue.

Edit: None of the above should be taken as me saying I think it has good reception. It doesn't and needs to be fixed for V2. Not at the cost of the form factor, though.
    My 755p was very good. My current pre leaves a bit to be desired. The pre I had that had tons of orea and random locking up/shutting down when it worked was nearly as good as the 755p. I ran out of time trying to get a "good" all around pre before sprint made it to stressful trying to exchange it that I gave up. Once in awhile I considering throwing it out my car window when it drops a call multiple time in the same area where my last 3 treos/centros never dropped.
    ditto. my 755p and 700wx were solid and never dropped a call. My Pre had problems finding itself, never mind a signal.

I did play around with some radio parameters using QPST which got me better RSSI numbers but i still sometimes get the equalizer effect on the status bars. although got somewhat better signal, i think, could be placebo effect.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    AGGHHH! Not only is signal strength horrible, up and down all over the place all the time, but I have 10+ mile areas WITH NO VOICE OR DATA, EVERY DAY on my drive home from work! A reset seems to sometimes fix it (nothing like waiting for 2-3 mins for the phone to reboot)

Yes I have data roaming ON and voice set to AUTO ROAM, and I've tried it with them both off too. I had none of these problems with my any of my Treo's including my last-755P. THIS IS BS! COME ON SPRINT/PALM! GET WITH IT!

-and this is in a major area, including an open highway!
    I have great reception with my Pre. My last phone, HTC Diamond, had 2-4 bars regularly. However, my Pre has 4-5 bars regularly!!
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    It's as if the Pre just "drops off the network" and can't find it's way back.