Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    i personally prefer to get a UK unlocked Pre but till now it seems that the Pre there will be locked, so im going to get a German QWERTZ one, i already have a QWERTZ blackberry curve 8900, so i dont mind it.
    i am hoping to find a good english speaking seller with a good ebay record to buy the from, i will be using ebay.de i dont know any other site that can i can import my pre from, how about you guys, how are you going to import your pre?
    http://www.palmandmore.de/

Might happened later on that they will have QWERTY as well, but so far QWERTZ only.

Pegass
    Last edited by palandri; 10/11/2009 at 08:18 AM. Reason: updated link
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    oh thanks?
    but is this site secure?
    Quote Originally Posted by deadsoul View Post
    oh thanks?
    but is this site secure?
    I never used it, but all the questions I asked via email were answered in no time. I know it's not a real indicator, but already good sign. Maybe sbdy who used can comment here.

Pegass
    But be careful. you can't change the provider internet setting on a german pre at the current time. Maybe with 1.3, but not for now. Only the german providers are configured.
    Is there anyone working on an unlock for the pre?

is it as big a deal as unlocking the iphone?

Gx
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    Is there anyone working on an unlock for the pre?

is it as big a deal as unlocking the iphone?

Gx
    We need some geeks to be on the case!! I hope they're out there , somewhere, working on the equivalent of the 'jailbreaking' mechanism.
    So who has emptied out their piggy bank to get on off ebay? or better yet ebay.de
    I'm so tempted but also can't help to think the prices will go down much further once the UK, France and the rest of 'em get it too. If mexico gets it soon, I may import from there..
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by medmansri View Post
    So who has emptied out their piggy bank to get on off ebay? or better yet ebay.de
    I'm so tempted but also can't help to think the prices will go down much further once the UK, France and the rest of 'em get it too. If mexico gets it soon, I may import from there..
    I was tempted but since you cant seem to activate the phone without a german SIM-card and after that its still locked to German settings for the 3G connection so you wont be able to use the internet I kind of lost the interest.

My Treo 650 just broke though so now im not sure what to do, this long wait, first with a stubborn Centro and now my backup Treo650 and seems I have to buy something else as I cant stay without a phone in my work until next year. Iphone might have got another buyer.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Iphone might have got another buyer.
    I currently have an iPhone and I'm trying to switch to the Pre.
    Lack of multitask really bugs me. Ever since the Pre was released, I've noticed more and more how annoying it is to close and open another app, only to close that as well to come back to the first. Even the new 3GS suffers from the same issue.
    I would think a real unlocked GSM version would show up sooner or later.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Globalization huh....

UK expansys is listing QWERTZ Pre for 500 GBP, while expansys in DE, IE and ES is taking preorders for QWERTY version. Free touchstone for everyone who can find logic in that ;-)

Pegass
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I've only seen like 4 on ebay.com and they were all unlocked pre's with the QWERTZ keyboard. they all were buy it nows for like $700 plus, some even were $800. thats just insane compared the htc hero unlocked GSM is going for only $500. honestly I'm dying to sell my iphone and get a GSM pre, I hope the one with the QWERTY keyboard gets unlocked soon with a decent price, otherwise, bye bye pre, hello hero.