1.    #1  
    I got rid of my Instinct because I was robbed on a Saturday Night.And instead of pay another 100 bucks for another instinct I decided to just upgrade.

So I decided on the palm-pre(which i brought last night off of the sprint site) which should get here tomorrow.

But I have freaking noticed some things that I am not thrilled about whatsoever

No gif images(as in no animation in text's),no 3 way calling or call waiting(You have to hang up both callers)..no sprint picture mail mms this seem like the same as what i hated the most about the instinct(besides the **** always breaking)....So I am asking can palm upgrade these features or is this a hardware thing ?

If they are plan on upgrading those things I just listed than I will stay with the phone if not I am so done with Sprint.... I have a lil over 25 days to keep this phone..And also will we get software to do video for the phone or not
    THANKS IN ADVANCE
    The palm pre in a way is like the iPhone. Palm creates software updates that you download from your phone just like the iPhone. I hated my palm pre in the beginning but now I love it. You have to be patient. Anyways, you know you have thirty days to return it if you dont like it.
    What you mentioned CAN be fixed by updates. No idea when or if they will come but they can be fixed. Definitely tweak your phone and check out homebrew if you haven't already. I also had an instink prior to this. Just a horrrrrrible phone. The Pre is many magnitudes better.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayix312 View Post
    What you mentioned CAN be fixed by updates. No idea when or if they will come but they can be fixed. Definitely tweak your phone and check out homebrew if you haven't already. I also had an instink prior to this. Just a horrrrrrible phone. The Pre is many magnitudes better.
    Thanks so much for that the both above me....
    Slay i loved everything u stated but the "IF" they fix/upgrade it....lol
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    The animated gifs don't work, it comes out as a still image but I know for sure that 3 way calling/call waiting and sprint picture mail/mms DOES work on this phone. I'm sure in time Palm will add an update to the photos app to allow it to do video recording, it could be sooner or later, no one knows. But I get the feeling that the homebrew devs will out an "app for that" before Palm does cause I have seen some videos on youtube of it being tested. I would hold on to the Pre if I were you because advancements to it are being done very quickly and steadily.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vanityeverlastingbonet View Post
    no sprint picture mail mms
    You can do picture mail mms on the Pre. I do it all the time.

IMHO, the way you interact with the Pre is what makes it an awesome phone. So, yes, there are a few things it can't do (yet), but it does a LOT and it does it in a way that is so easy and effortless. I love my Pre primarily for this reason.

And it doesn't hurt that Sprint service is the best value going: $69 unlimited data plan including SMS and MMS, free and awesome turn-by-turn voice nav, and free unlimited calling to any cell # on any network.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I upgraded from an Instinct...trust me you'll like the Pre way more. Only thing I miss from the Instinct is visual voicemail, forwarding text & MMS, and video carmera. Like everyone has already said, most of those will be fixed with an update. Not sure about the visual voicemail though.
    vanity don't know if this will help with the your new pre but your profile pic/avatar is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by janto50 View Post
    The animated gifs don't work, it comes out as a still image but I know for sure that 3 way calling/call waiting and sprint picture mail/mms DOES work on this phone. I'm sure in time Palm will add an update to the photos app to allow it to do video recording, it could be sooner or later, no one knows. But I get the feeling that the homebrew devs will out an "app for that" before Palm does cause I have seen some videos on youtube of it being tested. I would hold on to the Pre if I were you because advancements to it are being done very quickly and steadily.
    Just for clarification, Sprint Picture Mail does not work. That's by design. Sprint Pictue Mail was actually a service that stored the pictures on Sprint's servers, then forwarded them on (I think Sprint has discontinued this..., but not sure).

The Pre sends the pictures directly via SMS.
    To use picture MMS tap the paper clip icon once you're in a messaging conversation.
    To use 3 way calling tap the "add call" button on the right side of the dialer.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    disregard females
    acquire currency
    Quote Originally Posted by The_lane View Post
    To use picture MMS tap the paper clip icon once you're in a messaging conversation.
    To use 3 way calling tap the "add call" button on the right side of the dialer.
    vanity wants Sprint Picture Mail instead of true MMS.

vanity also wants an efficient way of handling 3-way calling. As of right now once you're on 3-way mode, you can't end a single caller, only both. (Some have suggested that this might actually be a limitation of CDMA)
    I haven't figured out how to 3-way call on even my dumb phones. Whenever I try to add a caller, it hangs up on the first caller.
  14.    #14  
    wow thank u all u gorgeous beings u
    I also notice its beyond freaking hard to use touch tone services on the phone esp when its cold....I so dig the phone...Don't know if i will go over to htc hero or not.If they have what I want than i must say a quick bye bye to this hot phone
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Just for clarification, Sprint Picture Mail does not work. That's by design. Sprint Pictue Mail was actually a service that stored the pictures on Sprint's servers, then forwarded them on (I think Sprint has discontinued this..., but not sure).

The Pre sends the pictures directly via SMS.
    Are all of the phones like that now?where Picture mail does not work any longer?
    how do people find these forums so fast once they get a pre
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    how do people find these forums so fast once they get a pre
    I seen this in the sprint forums.
    I decided not to go to that windows based crap phone htc hero since the call waiting ,3 way calling,no picture mail is the same on that piece of "blank".I guess i will be stuck with the pre......