Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Hi there,

Iīm really close to buy a Pre, but it seems, there is a problem to set up accounts for data connections. Actually, only german carriers are supported, but I need also the settings for swiss providers..

In the delivered frimware (must be 1.1.2) it is not possible to set up accounts manually and should be fixed in some future updates..

Has anyone an idea how to solve this problem meanwhile?

Many thanks!

brasax
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Please can you tel a bit more about this. Where did you hear about this? This would spoil my fun getting a German Pre in Holland.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    it is a german website called Teltarif.de. Have the link, but not allowed to post ist here..

There it is written and confirmed by Palm, that all big provider are pre-configured and SIM is recognized automatically by the Pre, but it is not working with all SIMs yet. It will be fixed in a future update..

EDIT: changed the post a bit. It is depending how you read the post on Teltarif. The are writing, all big providers are pre-configured, but they are not writing, they are supporting other countries beside Gemany yet.

There were also probs with (german) Vodafone and some (german) providers are not recognized correctly, so no data possible for them..
    Last edited by brasax; 10/11/2009 at 07:23 AM.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    can you please link us to the site
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    and if its just a matter of manually typing the dara connection settings
    i think this could be done by a software patch from webos internals guys
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deadsoul View Post
    No, Iīm not allowed to post links, not enough posts..
    Quote Originally Posted by deadsoul View Post
    Updated Link

It's in German: http://www.teltarif.de/palm-pre-inte...ews/36033.html
    Last edited by palandri; 10/11/2009 at 09:24 AM.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    This makes me sooo sad. How can Palm leave out such an essential piece of configuration in a GSM phone???????

This is NOT the way to get back your credibility over here in Europe!!!!!
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Is it possible to install the US-firmware? I donīt need german language.

Actually Iīm using a rooted Google G1 with an US-firmware and it is working fine so far, without any problems. Would it be the same on a Pre?

How can I install the US-firmware if it would be possible?

Cheers!

brasax
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    You don't need a different firmware for English language. The German Pre supposedly comes with 4 or 5 languages out of the box (English included).
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    You don't need a different firmware for English language. The German Pre supposedly comes with 4 or 5 languages out of the box (English included).
    I donīt want the US-firmware because of the language.

It is the same with the G1. The US-firmware come out first and it will need some weeks/month to get then the german one. For the german Pre a firmware-update (1.2.0) is planned somewhen in November. With the US-version it is possible to change the data-account I guess, also copy&paste is not yet implemented..
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    Please can you tel a bit more about this. Where did you hear about this? This would spoil my fun getting a German Pre in Holland.
    Don't forget the German Palm Pre has a different keyboard. Better get the UK one unlocked. Or possibly the Spanish one.

I'm interested myself. I've been using the Pre since it came out in the US and definitely can't go back, but since I'm returning to Holland soon I somehow have to get a GSM Pre working on Vodafone NL...
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    The keyboard I might want to take for granted. It is other stuff that will have to keep me waiting some more. Like the GPRS/UMTS settings and that german post which sais that the GSM Pre does not work with Quick Install.

Why oh why doesn't palm release a unbranded GSM Pre in Holland, damnit. They did that with the Centro.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quick Install should work on the german Pre, as far as I know. Some people at Telefon-Treff got it working..
    Can't we modify the config files? Wasn't it shown in the webOS doctors that it's just an XML file?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I donīt know. I donīt have the mobile yet and I need to know if it is possible to change these settings. Otherwise makes no sense to buy it, if data is not working or the data accounts can not be set manually (with a patch or xml, I really donīt care how, but it must be possible at least..)