Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Hi! Pre owner for 2 weeks. Loving almost everything about the phone, except for the battery life of course. I was wondering, do Pre's have trouble getting back to full speed EVDO? I have a very good EVDO Rev A signal almost everywhere I go here in LA.

I noticed that even when perfectly stationary and successfully streaming videos etc my phone would often go from a full 5 EVDO bars to 1x, and theres some lag getting the Rev A signal back.

Is this normal?

Nothing serious, but its a bit inconvenient when I know there's Rev A speeds available floating in the air right in front of me... Otherwise I've been really impressed with the Sprint coverage and especially the speed.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Doesn't happen to me unless I am in a low coverage area (gf's house grr, she lives in a freaking ditch(valley))
    I had issues with that on my Instinct, but my Pre has stayed on EVDO all the time. I live in a poor coverage area, and even then I still don't have any issue with the pre. I did go ahead and grab the Roam Only homebrew app just encase anything goes wrong or low Sprint signal, I could throw the phone on roaming and get EVDO quickly. I would recommend grabbing the Roam Only app also, as it can be handier than it sounds like.
    Silver, happens to me too but I stream alot of online radio so I don't notice anything cause it doesn't skip. Video tho takes alot more bandwidth. It wouldn't surprise me if its in the network/phone so not to gobble so much bandwidth that it drops data to 1x for a time...

I streamed close to 4.5 gb this month and I'd tell you theres been a handful of times where the music buffers. The network is really solid in the windy city.
    Mine randomly switches over to 1X when I JUST had a full EV-DO signal. I end up resetting the radio instead of waiting. Phone is ready for an AE personally... All these little issues starting to accumulate!
    No