1.    #1  
    so i noticed yesterday my speaker, while on a call, is all of a sudden very scratchy/distorted.. as if the speaker came loose and is vibrating the upper part of the phone.. this happen to anyone else?

and anyone know what i can do about it?

(also, its not a service problem.. i have full evdo and my brother also has a pre, no problems on his end)
    Quote Originally Posted by klubhead View Post
    and anyone know what i can do about it?
    That's easy. Call Sprint and get it replaced.

If sprint won't replace it, call Palm and get it replaced.

The Pre has not been on the market long enough for the warranty to have expired, so unless you forgot to mention dropping your phone or doing something really stupid, this is a simple warranty issue.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    That's easy. Call Sprint and get it replaced.

If sprint won't replace it, call Palm and get it replaced.

The Pre has not been on the market long enough for the warranty to have expired, so unless you forgot to mention dropping your phone or doing something really stupid, this is a simple warranty issue.
    nah haven't dropped it or anything (nothing serious anyway), this just kinda came out of nowhere
    I think I know what you are referring to. Happened to me shortly after last update. My regular pleasing notification I used was all of the sudden distorted and made the phone even rattle a bit when it went off. Even when just placing the phone on the touchstone. I'm sitting here trying to remember what it was exactly that I did to fix it, but can't remember for sure. I think it was either toggling the speakerphone off/on while on a call, or I plugged in the headphones, and unplugged them with the screen off. I just remember it was one of those, and an easy fix. It hasn't happened again..
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jkb2618 View Post
    I think I know what you are referring to. Happened to me shortly after last update. My regular pleasing notification I used was all of the sudden distorted and made the phone even rattle a bit when it went off. Even when just placing the phone on the touchstone. I'm sitting here trying to remember what it was exactly that I did to fix it, but can't remember for sure. I think it was either toggling the speakerphone off/on while on a call, or I plugged in the headphones, and unplugged them with the screen off. I just remember it was one of those, and an easy fix. It hasn't happened again..
    Hmm.. i'll mess with it, if you can remember exactly what ya did lemme know
    I had had this happen to me TWICE. I think the problem may be if you turn the main volume all the way up. I noticed my speaker sounded screwed up again after I turned the main volume up.

Next time I am getting a hold of Palm to get a new one. I paid good money for a phone and don't want a refurbed one.
    The speaker blew. I had mine replaced by Sprint at the store, got a refurb that's as good or better than my launch day or my 2nd Pre. This one is a keeper. If you send it to Palm, they claim they will repair it, so you would basically have a refurb Pre as well
  8.    #8  
    and we're all talking about the ear speaker right? not the "speaker phone" speaker..

so all i have to do is either contact sprint or palm and they should take care of it?

EDIT - went to a sprint store today.. replaced it for free. my speaker and microphone were both cutting out also
    Last edited by klubhead; 10/12/2009 at 06:51 PM.