Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I noticed my phone sometimes falls behind by about 10 minutes. But only if my data connection is off. I turn it off to save battery.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Mine is now running fast.
    This is a new issue, for sure in the last week or two only.

Driving me nuts!

I am so used to my phone being "absolute network time"...

PALM!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    This just started happening to me over the weekend. Its not just 10minutes tho.. it can be hoursss off!! i use the phone to wake me up in the morning .. and now i can't rely on it.. its nuts!! when the time is off, I also realized cetrtain applications won't start. I find myself re-starting the phone 3-6 times a day! has anyone found a solution for this?? I Thought it might me switcharoo causing it because it was the last app i installed, but the problem continued after i uninstalled it. PLEASE HELP
    I'm seeing this problem as well within the last week or two. Right now it is 8 minutes ahead of actual time.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    no one knows how to help??? currently 2 hours behind!!
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I noticed that my clock was not keeping the correct time as well. I read a thread that said to turn it on airplane mode then back and it fixes it, I did this to test the time being correct. It is definitely is not keeping time. So today I took it to Sprint and there is a new one on the way. I am so tired of getting new WebOS updates and new problems arise.
    Quote Originally Posted by 360jeff View Post
    I noticed that my clock was not keeping the correct time as well. I read a thread that said to turn it on airplane mode then back and it fixes it, I did this to test the time being correct. It is definitely is not keeping time. So today I took it to Sprint and there is a new one on the way. I am so tired of getting new WebOS updates and new problems arise.
    Welcome to the world of early adapters!
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    As annoying as this is, it's a bit comforting to know that this is happening to other people, and around the same time, because this stuff started happening me to me 2 days ago. My clock will sometimes advance at only a third the rate of an actual clock, letting the time slip behind so far as hours before I do the airplane mode cycle. However I don't remember any updates coming out in the past weekend...does Palm release micro-updates that I don't know about?
    I have been getting this. I was late for 2 morning shifts last week because of this and nearly this morning (except for the fact I set 2 other clock alarms just to be sure). When my alarm went off on my second mobile (Sony Ercisson normal-phone) at 0530, I picked up my Pre and noticed that it thought the time was 0135!!!!
    I do have a touchstone, so I wondered if that affects the internal clock. I would have thought that the developers would have taken that into account though and found it during product testing. I'd also expect modern technology to be safe from that type of effect.
    I, like cssnetworks am...
    Quote Originally Posted by cssnetworks View Post
    ...losing about 10 minutes an hour, and O2 apparently don't support network time updates...
    ..so despite having network time on, good ol' O2 don't support such modern new-fangled things.

Is it a touchsone related issue, or just the phone being tat?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben_K View Post
    I have been getting this. I was late for 2 morning shifts last week because of this and nearly this morning (except for the fact I set 2 other clock alarms just to be sure). When my alarm went off on my second mobile (Sony Ercisson normal-phone) at 0530, I picked up my Pre and noticed that it thought the time was 0135!!!!
    I do have a touchstone, so I wondered if that affects the internal clock. I would have thought that the developers would have taken that into account though and found it during product testing. I'd also expect modern technology to be safe from that type of effect.
    I, like cssnetworks am...

..so despite having network time on, good ol' O2 don't support such modern new-fangled things.

Is it a touchsone related issue, or just the phone being tat?
    The severe lose of time doesn't appear to have anything to do with the touchstone. I have one also but only gain a few minutes at a time.
    I am in the 'gaining time' camp too. I have no Touchstone, no homebrew - a plain vanilla Pre. I am an O2 subscriber in the UK. Restarting the unit corrects the time, so it is capable of syncing - it just does not seem to do it sufficiently often (or at all, for all I know). WebOS is V1.3.1.

This seems to be a fairly general problem. There are three or four threads here about it, and also elsewhere. Can we make an approach to Palm?
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I have the same Pre I got on day 1 when they were introduced and I have no tweaks or homebrews. 2 months ago I lost about half an hour one time, and I put it in Airplane Mode and back to normal and everything was fine.

Yesterday morning I noticed that it had lost around a half hour so I did the Airplane Mode trick. It reset itself but still lost another half hour over the next 45 minutes. I tried a reset. No luck. Still lost minutes.

The cure for me seems to have been what cssnetworks suggested earlier in this thread.
    Power down. Remove the battery for 5 seconds. Power back up.

24 hours and it's keeping the right time now (within seconds) just like it always had.
    Quote Originally Posted by larnapp View Post
    The cure for me seems to have been what cssnetworks suggested earlier in this thread.
    Power down. Remove the battery for 5 seconds. Power back up.

I have tried that, and it didn't take. Mine has drifted a minute into the future since lunchtime, when I performed this ritual.

Bloody thing. What I would really like is for Palm to fess up to the bug, and indicate that they are looking to fix it.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I was having the problem as well. Took it by the Sprint repair center and the are going to replace it, no questions asked.

They are ordering one and should be there in a couple of days. Didn't remember to ask, but can I assume this will be a referb?
    Mine has always had this problem since day 1 launch day. I was going to take it back to sprint for replacement, but 3 of mu friends have pre's and all have this issue. Don't think it is a problem that swapping phones will fix. I have a internet site HERE bookmarked to check accurate time when I need to know, but this is a serious defect that needs fixed. I also tried turning off network time sync and setting time manually and this did not work either.
    At work we use a sync Atomic Clock (Colorado) because of the need for special process. My Pre is dead on. Sound like a carrier problem.
    My clocks are all over the place.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2071852

I don't think it's about how many minutes, though. This is not an analog problem. It's not "gaining" or "losing" minutes per se. And I don't think you're seeing "drift." Those analogue concepts don't entirely make sense here.
    Quote Originally Posted by roygbiv View Post
    I don't think it's about how many minutes, though. This is not an analog problem. It's not "gaining" or "losing" minutes per se. And I don't think you're seeing "drift." Those analogue concepts don't entirely make sense here.
    My unit is absolutely showing drift, it gains about one minute per day. Clock drift is a digital as well as an analogue concept!

But I have never seen disparity of the type shown in your photo. Perhaps there is more than one problem here.

Here is an experiment: if I start the Date and Time application, and toggle 'Network time' off and then switch it on again, the app displays the status 'Waiting for network time...' indefinitely, whereas presumably it should clear after a few seconds. So the unit is failing to resync to network time, which might suggest a carrier signal problem or similar.

However, if I reboot the unit, it correctly resyncs itself.

I suggest this shows that there is no problem with the signal. This shows it is some sort of software problem, that urgently needs a fix.
    I wonder why this doesn't show on the bug list section. No indication that palm is fixing this.
    Quote Originally Posted by csrredcoat View Post
    I wonder why this doesn't show on the bug list section.
    Which bug list section? Can we add it?

Will
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast